Bilstein 24-185240 rear shocks question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will these fit on my 07 Liberty or do I need to order some type of spacer or sleeve?
I see that JBA sells a Bilstein bushing kit, is this needed for these shocks?

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02 I did all OME
Recently on my 03 I did the bilstein only for the front just to see / feel any difference.
I still went with the OME for the rear to avoid messing with different size bushings and what not

I think I prefer the OME all around.. but being honest I can’t really tell unless you spend a lot of time on bumpy roads

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the reviews seem about 50/50 between the Bilsteins and OME.
I was leaning toward Bilstein because of cost.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have installed both on many KJs very little difference really between the two, but on my own would go OME. ( if going that route)

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any problems or benefits to using Bilstein shocks in the front and OME N132L's in the rear?
Only reason was so I would not need to fool around ordering and installing the bushing kit needed for the Bilstein rear shocks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any problems or benefits to using Bilstein shocks in the front and OME N132L's in the rear?
Only reason was so I would not need to fool around ordering and installing the bushing kit needed for the Bilstein rear shocks.

If gasser then no ,
OME front shocks work better on a CRD

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If gasser then no ,
OME front shocks work better on a CRD

Tom, haven't some people simply installed a couple appropriately sized washers as spacers on either side of the new shock between the mounting holes to take up the difference in space? I think I've seen and read that being done.

Just curious...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, haven't some people simply installed a couple appropriately sized washers as spacers on either side of the new shock between the mounting holes to take up the difference in space? I think I've seen and read that being done.

Just curious...

Some have tried but the issue is the hole in the bushing is larger than the bolt that bolts them on. So over time you're going to have a rattle/ start to wear etc. JBA has a sleeve that goes through the bushing, then it fits well

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some have tried but the issue is the hole in the bushing is larger than the bolt that bolts them on. So over time you're going to have a rattle/ start to wear etc. JBA has a sleeve that goes through the bushing, then it fits well

Good to know. Thanks very much for the info.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good to know. Thanks very much for the info.

Nice, the sleeve is how I'd want to see it done as well. Good pro-tip.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a couple of sets of the bushings around here in the storage shed , but at 10 degrees too cold to go out and start through boxes
sorry
But measure bolt O.D, and I.D. of shock

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
I found something that is going to work perfect. A 3/8” X 1.5” black or galvanized pipe ****** ! I ******* it in with a pair of channel locks and it’s a good tight fit in the bushing and the stock Mopar mounting bolts ! Ace Hdwe for $1.50 each !!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I found something that is going to work perfect. A 3/8” X 1.5” black or galvanized pipe ****** ! I ******* it in with a pair of channel locks and it’s a good tight fit in the bushing and the stock Mopar mounting bolts ! Ace Hdwe for $1.50 each !!
Great, I was trying to find the size it took, had it in my little black book somewhere
So many side notes over the years , need to get it all straightened out someday LOL
OR
just give up on all Liberty's and burn my notes

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
What’s a fair price for a shop to charge to install my new OME springs on my new Bilstein front struts ? I’m taking him new everything including upper & lower spring isolators and Moog strut mounts.