BIG, wanna go BIG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
Since I didn't find a NOOB section: Hi, my name is Roger and I own a Jeep Liberty and I'm not feeling the love of the aftermarket community. #-o I feel like I should be in Liberty’s Anonymous.

ARGH!!! Wanna go BIG. I've used the
icon_mini_search.gif
Search button and of course the internet. And I've come up with different answers everywhere I look. ](*,)

I have however determined for the most part a 245/70R16 will fit on a stock height Liberty. Worse case I install some CDR springs up front and use a BFH on the pinch weld. :-$ Don't tell the wife but BFHs can be fun. (naughty) But it looks like I have the room needed.

I have a 04 Rocky Mnt Edition on stock wheels with 235/70R16. Based on the research I've done, I plan on installing the Rusty 2.5 spring kit (4) and either Rubicon Moab 16" or a MT Classic II 16x8 wheel.

Now the question. What else can I do to stuff some 33" up under my Jeep. I'll use 15 inch wheels if it will make going bigger easier. Because 245/75 is not big enough. (30+") [-X And I'm getting conflicting info on a 265/75 (almost a 32") with a 2.5" lift. I will mostly be doing highway and mild trail riding. Nothing to extreme, but you never know what may come up O:)

thanks in advance

Oh and if this should be in the suspension section and you're a moderator please move it.

moose

Reaction score
KJ02Ltd said:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1130

According to this, you should be fine for 265/75-16's w/ a 2.5" lift.

jpm

although you may need spacers to keep it away from the pinch weld at lock and the suspension. I run 32's (timberline mt 235/85r16), and the narrower tire makes it easier to fit (i.e., no spacers) with my frankenlift. i can't see 33's with only a 2.5 rusty's plus a clevis lift (check out science guy's lift on lostkjs with a description on the clevis lift we added for 3" out of hs 2.5" kit).

when all is said and done, with a 2.5" lift, a clevis lift, and 32's (try "E" rated for more height), you are looking at almost 5" over stock.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The people using 265/75X16s have had problems at full stuff, some are on their 3rd set of flares, knocking them off at full flex. You'll probably have to remove your inner fender plastic and do some carving, also you'll have beat down your pinchwelds. Lifting brings the front of the rear wheels closer to the front of the rear flares, you'll have to do something about that, like a set of adjustable length control arms. Not all 15s will fit over the rear disk brakes.

Members online