BFG KOs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it finally happened; I wore out my Coopers and I'm looking for new tires, specifically 245/70/16 BFG A/T KOs. The problem is, NOBODY in VA beach seems to think they're even being produced anymore. :mad: Can anyone confirm this?

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with BFG, and apparently the KOs are on nationwide backorder for the next 2-4 weeks. Just my luck... oh well, now I can spread out expenses better and afford new rims. Any suggestions?

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BFG's are still being made but there are better and cheaper A/T's out there. I hear they pop fairly easy off road. Based on my brother having his for 3 or 4 years now they do wear well though. For an A/T I would recommend Toyo A/T's but they only make them in P-Metric for your size.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering why are you going to go to bfg and not stay with coopers

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Coopers H/Ts don't do well in the rain- I've had severe slippage issues with them, especially as they've begun to wear. 20,000 miles seems early for that. I like the look of the BFGs and all the reports I have on them is that it's a solid, long-lasting tire.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the bfg ko on truck there a good road and off road tire there not so good when it wet but that most AT tire. my mom has has nitto on her car they work very well when when wet take a look at them

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02
if you are going off road then get a tire made for it ,skip the 1/2 way stuff
get a good MT ,BFG MT ,Goodyear MTR, Cooper STT ect.

The thing is AT's are alright for every thing but great at nothing
if you plan to stay on the highway 99% of the time then I would get something like a Bridgestone AT revo ,running them on my 8,000#+ F250 work truck and they have loads of life left after 30K but I get stuck in wet grass so dont even think about going off roading with them

We run 2 types of tires on our Jeeps
MT's and bias ply MT's and I would not have it any other way
My wife drives the KJ as her DD about 8-10K a year running OME lift and 245/75 Goodyear MTR's not bad other than a little noise at ~30mph
air them down to 14psi and they do good on the trails run 32psi on the road and we get 20+ mpg with a good load at 70mph
I run 31 X 11.5 Superswamper LTB's on my TJ ,suck @$$ on road but rules the trail off road and seeing as this is a trail rig this is not an issue
mpg and noise are what they are "if you want the best off road then you need to give up some thing on road ,the more you give up on road the better you get off road"
words from some one who cut most of the trails at several public off road parks

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks J-Thompson. After much consideration, I decided to go with 235/70/16 Revos since most of my driving is pavement and what little off-road I do is pretty mild, just beach and the occasional dirt road/trail for camping. I like what I've heard about the wet traction on the Revos as well.

I also ordered some Cragar soft 8 wheels, been eying them for a while and can finally afford to have them (didn't tell wife till last nite- ouch.) So my Jeep will hopefully look more rugged, even if it's still bone stock between the wheels. I'll post pics on here when it's all on, maybe this weekend.

What do you guys think I should do with my old OEM wheels? I figured I'd just give 'em to a salvage yard since they're rusted and I have no place to keep them, but maybe there is something better??

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock wheels...

buy some brillo pads, scuff them up, get some rattle can flat black and spray them black.

buy the BFG's - you will be pissed if you don't :)

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, well you're too late. My Cragars came in today and I can't wait to put them on the Jeep. But if you want my OEM rims, you can have them for the price of shipping. :D

Latest posts

Members online