Bfg at t/a ko2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running this tire? I am waiting for mine to be installed and am wondering how well they do.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't had much faith in BFG in recent years, but the new AT seems to be getting a good following. For years they sold just for name so time will tell if these are actually any better

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. I hear the KO 2's are still relatively new so there isn't a whole lot of reviews but i've heard a lot of good things about them.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to couple of guys here that installed them on their F150 and Silverado, they generally weight heavier compare to T/A KO but with better sidewall and grip so they are happy with it. What size did you got and where you ordered them? Seems top retailers such as TireRack.com, 4WheelOnline.com and Discounttire are in back order of KO2s.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265/75/R16's. So far they handles very well on the back roads here coming home. I actually picked up another one from discount tires here because my spare was a measly 215/70 which i wouldn't dare put on haha.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
265/75/R16's. So far they handles very well on the back roads here coming home. I actually picked up another one from discount tires here because my spare was a measly 215/70 which i wouldn't dare put on haha.
already regeared ?

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I answered more in depth on my greetings page but, no one around here in Colorado Springs will really do the regear. They say it is unnecessary for the price over the amount of actual gain to the jeep. A lot of people are actually saying to get the superchips computer and just redo the programming. Apparently Superchips is a lot better than the Bullydog set up for the KJ.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's not really a chip, it's the programmer so I can reprogram the computer to the wheels, and add a little power and everything. I should have made that more clear haha. The shop had a special programmer but they got super busy when my jeep was done so I just left and told them I would be back. Which I will be because they have to put my steps on and they have to do the 2nd alignment and re-torque so I might ask them then to see if they are able to do it.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't work on the KJ from everything I have researched they work for a little bit then the factory computer re learns and does a work around and puts things back the way they were. Have fun

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I heard about the Bullydog systems. I have no idea about the Superchips one so I have no idea. I guess it will have to be chalked up to researching what happens!

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but i saw your post in "what did you do to your jeep today" and you said you have 2.5 skyjacker lift. Did you have any problem fitting this tire size?

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I answered more in depth on my greetings page but, no one around here in Colorado Springs will really do the regear. They say it is unnecessary for the price over the amount of actual gain to the jeep. A lot of people are actually saying to get the superchips computer and just redo the programming. Apparently Superchips is a lot better than the Bullydog set up for the KJ.

Well it's not really a chip, it's the programmer so I can reprogram the computer to the wheels, and add a little power and everything. I should have made that more clear haha. The shop had a special programmer but they got super busy when my jeep was done so I just left and told them I would be back. Which I will be because they have to put my steps on and they have to do the 2nd alignment and re-torque so I might ask them then to see if they are able to do it.

They don't work on the KJ from everything I have researched they work for a little bit then the factory computer re learns and does a work around and puts things back the way they were. Have fun

That is what I heard about the Bullydog systems. I have no idea about the Superchips one so I have no idea. I guess it will have to be chalked up to researching what happens!

Well both bullydog and superchips are canned tunes, so parameters are pre-determined as far as HP output and torque values, and both should/would over write the learn down. What's nice about the superchips,(I do have superchips for the JK), is it allows for tire/speedo corrections,idle RPM settings(which I use a lot) TPMS delete, amongst a lot of other changes/modifications that are useful when offroading. I thought(without doing immediate research) that neither had any programs for the KJ.

Bert

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem with the tire size on my KJ is sight rubbing on the inside when fully turning in (tight parking spaces for instance) but that's pretty much all i've seen. every once in awhile it'll rub the plastic on the front end where it cones out (behind the front tire) but it doesn't happen too much.

From what I have read and been told there is a Bullydog and a Superchips for the KJ.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know squat about chips, but the BFG's are the best tire on the market. T/A KO's and M/T KO (and the newer "II" versions of both) are super tough, long wearing, and stay round. For what they cost, they SHOULD!

Bob

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know squat about chips, but the BFG's are the best tire on the market. T/A KO's and M/T KO (and the newer "II" versions of both) are super tough, long wearing, and stay round. For what they cost, they SHOULD!

Bob

Really ? Just talked to their rep at Butler Jeep Festival. Who said in order to address the "wear problem in previous versions" that the new 2's have a new tread compound.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am loving my KO2's right now. They can really grip the sand and mud and driving on highways are amazing since there is really no tire noise at all! As far as the Superchips/Bullydog stuff goes, I just want the SC to reprogram the tires and everything so I don't end up with a speeding ticket or something. Wish I knew someone around that had one who could do it for me instead of buying the entire thing.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really ? Just talked to their rep at Butler Jeep Festival. Who said in order to address the "wear problem in previous versions" that the new 2's have a new tread compound.

Perhaps I should have qualified that with "IHMO". Yes, really. At least here in the flint rock country roads/beat to death state blacktop of north Arkansas.

Bob

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did fine on my old XJ...good wear, low noise, and fairly competent trail tire....you could do much worse...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Used to sell and run BFGs
Way better tires on the market anymore
They lagged behind way too long thinking that their name only could carry them
Never had or seen a set of BFGs run over 85,000 miles like the Duratracs have