Better Late Than Never...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been on here for a while now and realized I never officially introduced myself.

My name is Dan. I bought my '06 KJ Sport completely stock in Feb 2011 with 61,300 miles. Now it is just shy of 84,000 and I have had no major issues...just general maintenance (u-joints, cv's...may need a new radiator/hoses soon)

I just did a lift this week, so sitting up around 22" now, still on stock tires, that will change soon once I get my coolant leak taken care of and can save up some more cash. I use my jeep as a daily driver, and take it off-road whenever possible. I love to explore...basically I'll be driving down the street and see a path and say "hmm, looks like I can fit through there...lets go check it out." Also have a boxer/pit named Ginger and it's great to be able to drive into the woods and take her for a walk off her leash with no one around, which is what I'm heading out to do in a few minutes.

Also in case anyone was wondering what the :favorites68: a "hectikart" is lol. I was pretty bored one weekend do its an anagram for "Architekt" (German) can you guess what I do for a living? lol

Anyway, love the forum! It's definitely helped me out a few times already. Here's a pic, even though I've posted a few around other threads before.

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahhhhhhhhhh, the new old guy.....welcome.....lol

Dave

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say "welcome to the forum." but since you've been here for a while, I'll just say
Glad to have you aboard.:smokin:

I like the fender flares, how well does the POR stick to the flares? How hard is it to apply?

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say "welcome to the forum." but since you've been here for a while, I'll just say
Glad to have you aboard.:smokin:

I like the fender flares, how well does the POR stick to the flares? How hard is it to apply?

lol thanks, good to be here. It went on really easily...and that's actually only one coat. I was going to do two, but it covered really well with just one. I had one area that I taped on the bumper that peeled a little taking the tape of...just touched it up and you can't even tell. It's great because it self levels...so even with the brush application you get virtually no stroke.

Only cautions I would give are, dont get it on anything you don't want it on because the POR does not come off easily...you have a chance if you get it quick while still wet..but once its dry, its on there. And it's not UV resistant. They make a topcoat you can apply for resistance to sunlight, but I haven't applied it yet. It's been at least a month, probably closer to two since I did it now and it still looks the same. I'm sure it will fade and I will have to re-do it eventually though.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have closer photos of your flares/trim?

I'd like to see more pics too. My flares and bumpers are all beat up and faded. I'm looking for options to possibly refinish next spring
Were your flares originally painted? Or bare plastic?

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see more pics too. My flares and bumpers are all beat up and faded. I'm looking for options to possibly refinish next spring
Were your flares originally painted? Or bare plastic?

Here's some closer pics. The bumper and flares were original stock gray before I painted them.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was not expecting it to come out that shiny...partly why I've waited to top coat it, maybe the sunlight will just dull it a little and be alright. But, the shine is growing on me..

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But, the shine is growing on me..

Would you say your taking a shine to it:gr_grin:

I'd like to paint all the black plastic on my KJ to OD Green. (flares, bumpers, roof rack, door handles, mirrors, etc.) I think that would look flippin awesome

Latest posts

Members online