Better late than never

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess 20000-something miles is as good as any place to start. We got this so my wife had something to ride around in after Katrina and she decided she wanted a Liberty. So went to the CarMax near her mom's in San Antonio, and there was this beautiful black Renegade sitting there. She wanted it until she found out it was stick. So that was out. Then not 5 min later another black one fresh from the wash rolls up. It wasn't completely optioned out, but she liked it, it was auto and 4wd, 14000 miles on it. Most importantly, it wasn't a gulf coast flooded out vehicle. So we got it. Down the road after I got my Ram she noticed I had alot more gadgets than she did, plus she saw a Limited with all the cool stuff they come with. Thus began the transformation. To date I have installed steering wheel radio controls (including the right clockspring to make it work), the shiny shit (gauge bezels, radio bezel, shifter bezel, cruise switches), RAH factory mp3/cd head unit and overhead console. Next on the list will be fog lights, new tires and a hitch. She's loving her new toys, and it makes driving easier for me when we go places.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yayyy, working fog lights and a class III hitch!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the messed up thing is that I like to think I'm at least somewhat intelligent, but those IKEA instructions that come with the kit sucked! Glad I finally figured it out though.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Massive update:
Since this last post I have wired up the extra 12v outlet that came with the Limited bezel, replaced the stock balonies with Grabber AT2 235/70R16's, changed the plugs, installed the overhead console with an OTIS then replaced it with an EVIC, added a 4 pin harness (gotta love the plug'n'play Mopar kit) for the hitch I have yet to use, replaced the brakes and added a few Infinity speakers to the stick setup. And took some more pictures:

and loves the snow

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Looks to be in great shape. What spark plugs did you use?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Just hit 56,000-ish. Used Bosch Platinums (Wal-Mart!). Platinums are actually OE for this engine, so it worked out well.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Just hit 56,000-ish. Used Bosch Platinums (Wal-Mart!). Platinums are actually OE for this engine, so it worked out well.
The Platinums Plus? or the *cough* useless *cough* +2/+4 Platinums?

Ermm...I believe NGK Coppers are OE for the 3.7 Powertech...

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected, NGK ZFR6F-11G is what is in the parts book. Oh well, it responded well so I'm pretty sure it will be fine (13,000 so far). I don't remember which ones. As long as it works well, I'm not gonna worry about it until I go to put a 4.7 in it.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long overdue update...just routine maintenance, but now it's a bot more fun to drive with the custom tune loaded. I think next road trip we're gonna load the 93 tune (87 is in there now) and see what happens.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: 87 octane custom tune makes this thing much more fun to drive. Getting into moving traffic isn't such a worry. It goes!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted about the exhaust already, so I'll just add 1 pic:

Also upgraded shocks (Bilsteins) and replaced the springs. Would've lifted it but the wife said no, so new stock replacements went in. Took this time to replace the rear upper control arm as well, new brakes and new Grabbers.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the ex-wife ended up with it, there is nothing more to add. Maybe I'll find another one someday.

Latest posts

Members online