Best way to get rid of sand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
Made a trip out to the dunes yesterday and have a lot of stuck on sand on the jeep. Any suggestions on how to get it off without scratching the clear coat. BTW I like to dry my jeep after I wash it and am quite nervous about scratching. Hopefully someone who lives near the beach and has experience with this could help. Thanks in advance.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
X2 on pressure washer, it is necessary. Some hand car wash places have them with good pressure too.
Sand gets everywhere so you are also going to have to look at other areas and clean as well the : Door jams, rear hatch, roof rack/rail slots,behind the front grille's rad/condenser fins.
Sand is harsh on moving parts & bearings, so get the driveline sprayed down good (front and rear) including both sides of the rims, and if you got skids, try to get in there too.
If you got drums in the rear, (we all do on the e brake)you should take the rears off and get inside the drums, get them cleaned out.

Latest posts

Members online