Bdons_crd mod thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say mod thread because I'm not 'building' a jeep ha ha. I'm modding it.

Our jeep is my wife's primary vehicle, I drive it when we take the kids out, or do some shopping. It's def a mall crawler and probably won't see any mud ha ha. I drive my 01 f350 psd daily and I'm pretty much done modding it until something big breaks ha ha. So it's time I focus on the crd for a bit. For the near future I'm planning the ome lift, extra isolators, 1/4 inch strut spacers, moab wheels and some cooper discoverer or some falken wild peaks in 245 75 16.

Later on I hope to get an Eco tune or something, and various lighting for it. I'd like to fab up a cargo basket as well. All in good time though ha ha.

Here's how she looks, 2005 4x4 crd limited
You must be registered for see images attach

And here are the teasers. I'm planning to paint the rims this weekend, and have the tires mounted sometime between next week and the first weekend in dec. that's the weekend I'm shooting to do the suspension install.

Sent from My Porcelain Throne using Tapatalk

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice jeep! And I found me a set of those wheels right before I started my engine swap they look so good!

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I found the set of 4 for cheap, I wet sanded some rock damage, one was a little damaged on the inside of the rim so I'm using that one for the spare. It'll hold just fine, i just wanted to be extra safe. I ordered the 5th off of rock auto. I was going to paint them black, but a murdered it jeep didn't seem like a family car color ha ha. I'm just going to go with a silver duplicolor rim paint and clear coat.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the wheels so far. I'm just going to finish off the last can of paint, then clear coat. Here's a before and after.

Before:

After:

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tires mounted to the wheels, I couldn't help but mount them up just for fun ha ha. They scrub something fierce. I had to take the stockers I and have the tpms sensors swapped. I didn't feel like paying $250 bucks for new ones. I went with some coper discoverer ATPs in 245 75 16. I'm happy with how they look, just aggressive enough to look and perform good, and just tame enough for a family car.

I'll snap a few more pics now that it's light out. I'm going to put the stockers back until I get the lift installed. They would probably be ok until then, but I don't want my wife to curb it or something and pull the fender off ha ha, that's a call I don't need.

Last edited:

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple more pics. I took them off and put the stockers back in until the lift goes on.
You must be registered for see images

Also picked up these cross rails on amazon. $30 plus shipping, not too bad of a product for the price.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a nice 22*f this morning so I thought it would be a perfect day for some knuckle crunching. This lift was super simple to install, compressing the front springs was most of the pain. But using my neighbors shop probably helped the most. Anyway, y'all don't care much about my words.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do! I get more pics in the daylight too.. I was so excited to put the lift on I forgot to measure the before..

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm at 23 3/8 in from the center of the hub nut to the bottom to the flare.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22 5/16 if you look close ha ha. I was rounding up.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Jeep is looking great now.:headbang: I'm a little jealous of the wheels. Time to pound out those pinch welds.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Jeep is looking great now.:headbang: I'm a little jealous of the wheels. Time to pound out those pinch welds.

I could t find these pinch wheels people were talking about. It's all plastic down there.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the plastic. See picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh.. I got it now. I'm not having any issues rubbing there, just on the valence under the bumper, and a little on the front of the tire on some of the plastics. I trimmed most of the rub away, at least the plastic tearing rub ha ha. But the back of the tire still has a good 1/2" or so. Not my first tire stuffing rodeo ha ha, some of my splash guards are held out of place with strategically placed zip ties on my truck ha ha.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh.. I got it now. I'm not having any issues rubbing there, just on the valence under the bumper, and a little on the front of the tire on some of the plastics. I trimmed most of the rub away, at least the plastic tearing rub ha ha. But the back of the tire still has a good 1/2" or so. Not my first tire stuffing rodeo ha ha, some of my splash guards are held out of place with strategically placed zip ties on my truck ha ha.

That's fantastic - really nice looking CRD. Of course, it's the 'proper' color :favorites13:

After things settle a bit you may have contact with the pinch welds at the rear of the wheel wells. There's a thread on here somewhere that shows how to cut the plastic on one side of the weld, pound down the pinch weld with a BFH, then use a heat gun to flatten then "weld" the plastic back to itself. I butchered one side but did a bang-up job on the other. Have to fix up the butchered side one day :anitoof:

Very nice build thread :waytogo:

Bob

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I figured I'd have some sag in it and ill probably have to re address the rubbing, another day perhaps! On to new things. I have a winch and two receiver hitches sitting in the garage waiting for some fabbing. Front receivers for my psd and the crd, and winch quick disconnects result in an interchangeable front winch! I'm also going to fab a headache rack for my truck, but that belongs on a different forum ha ha. Might try my hands at some type of roof storage for the crd at the same time.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.