Battery Minder 12248 battery charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last year my Odyssey PC1500 battery has been slowly dying,kinda expected for a battery 8 years old it would start to get a little weak.Really got bad the last 5 months when I got a 2nd vehicle and was not driving the KJ as much and then sitting over the last month from a blown engine.

Tried many different battery chargers from the professional one at work to a charger specifically built for the Odyssey batteries.Nothing worked and after 24 hours would be down from 12.9 volts to under 10 volts.Last ditch effort got the Battery Minder 12248 charger/desulfator and followed the direction and after 3 days went from "weak battery" to "good battery" and has been holding 12.8 volts even after a month.

Batteryminders Specials | BatteryMinders.com

Best $130 I ever spent on a battery charger.Can't be in a rush with this charger but it does it's job very well.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought a genius G26000 charger at my work and have resurected a few batteries with its desulfation and equalize modes. bout double the price of the one you picked up but probably does similar with some other fancy stuff.

Won't perform ********* alchemy but seems to get the ones that have been discharged for a short ammount of time back up to *****. had about 3 instances this winter with co workers with no/faulty blockheaters.

Also has a "16 v boost" mode where it randomly cycles to 16 v ie. low duty cycle every couple of seconds to melt down sulfation on the plates provided your not in a hurry.

If you got deep discharge it has a power supply mode that gets them back to life for a regular charge. Provided the battery isn't completely screwed.

Good charger that does similar stuff but outside the home budget pricing unless on sale. G26000 | Genius Battery Chargers

It failed to get an optima blue top @ 1.6 V back up and running but i think thats more about the battery and less about the charger.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know.

Do you guys take the battery out and put it on a bench to slow charge or just hook the charger up while the battery is still connected in the vehicle? Just curious.

Dave

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for regular charge i've got no issues leaving it connected, but anything more complicated i disconnect to be on the side of caution.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know.

Do you guys take the battery out and put it on a bench to slow charge or just hook the charger up while the battery is still connected in the vehicle? Just curious.

Dave
I can do both as I have a desulfator going into the KJ and one currently in the Town Car that the charger hooks right into.

Battery Tester, Battery Tester Desulfator, Battery Tester Maintainer

Desulfates while you drive.

As far as that other charger peaking at 16v that's a bad idea which can kill a battery.The Battery Minder uses high frequency pulse desulfation which is safier and better for the battery.Looked at both versions and didn't want to destroy a $300 battery.