Battery/Charging System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Me t Hutchinson

Reaction score
Im having the same problem on my 2011 liberty I have replaced the battery the altanator the terminals everything looks good but nothing going To the battery

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem on my 2011 liberty I have replaced the battery the altanator the terminals everything looks good but nothing going To the battery

Have you checked the thick wire going from the alternator to the Red positive lead on the battery.

This is usually a "fusable link" ie. it has a fusable section built into it that blows if this thick lead shorts to ground or if you jump the battery with another battery with the polarity the wrong way around.
Also blows if you remove the link from the alternator without first completely disconnecting the battery and your spanner shorts to engine/chassis.

With the engine OFF measure the voltage on the red lead of the battery with respect to ground/chassis..should be around 12.5 volts on a good battery.

Now measure the voltage of this fat cable at the alternator with respect to ground...should be the same if this link is not blown.

You can then remove the thick wire and measure its continuity from end to end.

If this fusable link is blown you have to buy a new one.;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Bill ! That is some very good information!

Please note for better clarity, I have moved this into a new thread/ KK section, because Me t Hutchinson replied to a KJ section post, and his vehicle is actually a KK (2011 Jeep Liberty)
Original thread Me t Hutchinson replied to is located here:
https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/battery-charging-system.42011/
Now that we are fixed up in the correct section, please carry on, Thanks..

Latest posts

Members online