Basic Cleaning Supplies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the most common cleaning supplies to have that will allow a nice deep clean for the KJ. I plan to start buying some things soon.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i just recently stocked up on my basic supplies that i use. Jeepjeepster and my supply list will be fairly similar, as we are both avid users or meguiars detailing products mainly their professional line of supplies.

for washing i use nxt car wash soap.
for cleaning wheel wells i use meguiars super degreaser(SD)
for cleaning the white letters on my tires i use weasley's bleach white.
for claybarring my paint to remove defects i use sonus detailing clay.
for polishing i use meguiars #85 diamond cut compound applied via a dewalt rotary buffer with a yellow polishing pad.
i also use klasse all in one.
for sealant i use either meguiars #21 silicone sealant or klasse sealant glaze (SG)
i also use meguiars nxt wax.
for dressing tires/wheel wells i use meguiars all season dressing (ASD)
for cleaning the motor i use meguiars super degreaser.
for dressing the motor i use meguiars hyper dressing diluted about 3:1

All of my products are from the professional line of meguiars products. They are not cheap by any means. I would say i have about $500 worth of chemicals to clean my jeep, not including the $200 for the rotary buffer.

Im sure jeepjeepster will agree once you start you can never stop.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, Especko, you and Jeepster are in your own league.

I have been using "Megulars One Step Leather Care" on the seats and it seems to work good. I use it about once a week. I have that light khaki/greystone interior and try to keep it as clean as I can. If I go to the dealer for anything, I throw an old seatcover on it and then take it off when I leave.

I found "Blue Majic Carpet Stain and Spot Lifter" at Wally Mart in a blue spray can and it really takes up mud and salt stains off the carpet fast.

My interior still looks new. My exterior needs help.

I also use Westleys Bleech White on the white lettering on the tires and it works good.

Dave

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea what can i say, i was and still am a professional detailer here in wisconsin. I have detailed many many cars, stuff from old crappy cars that really have no hope, all the way to a brand new dodge viper. I have also done race car trailers, and even did about 15-20 boats last summer. If there is any questions or concerns about cleaning any aspect of a vehicle i can usually answer.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, for just the everyday guy thats wants to keep the Jeep looking nice, I would keep the following on hand..

-Some Meguiars Deep Chrystal wash, NXT wash, or Gold class wash.

WASH

-A good clay kit:

CLAY

-Some paint cleaner.. Meguiars #80 is a good product that removes light swirls and scratches. #83 has a better cut, but its a good idea to use #80 after that to remove the light marring that you may get with #83. #80 also polishes the paint after the diminishing abrasives break down while #83 does not. That means you do not need to use a polish on the paint after you use #80, saves a step. It a good idea to purchase a PC buffer and some pads to use with that though:

Some polishes

Buffer and buffer kits

You can find those buffers for less $ if you shop around some.

-This is a good paint cleaner to use if you do not want to remove swirls with #80 or #83.. This cleans and preps the paint for a polish:

cleaner and scratch-x

The paint cleaner can be put on by hand or via buffer. It makes everything go much fast if you use the PC buffer though..

-Here is a good polish to use after the cleaner:

POLISH

This polish can also be used by hand or buffer.

-Here are some good waxes that you can use.. The cleaner wax is a one step process.. That means you do not need to use the paint cleaner, or polish.. But of course you probably wont get the same results.. You still need to clay the paint though. Color-x is also a one step product that is stronger than cleaner wax.. Its a good product to use with the buffer and Ive heard it as the ability to remove mild swirls and oxidation, Ive never used this product though..

WAXES

-Here are some protectants for the interior. I personally use the natural shine, but they are all good products..:

PROTECTANTS

-Some leather products.. I use gold class leather spray..:

LEATHER

-Some tire shine products.. I use hot tire shine and Endurance. Endurance is a gel and will last longer than hot tire shine, but its hard to put on..:

Tire shines

-Glass cleaner. I use Invisible glass cleaner.. One of the only products that I use that ISNT meguiars. :

Glass

Most of the products can be found in walmart and autoparts stores.. The only thing I can think of that you wouldnt be able to find is the #80, #83, and the buffer..

Enjoy!

I use this little applicator to put on the tire shine.. I found it at Advance auto for around $1(pay no attention to the blue bottle.Thats Megs all season dressing that I use on exterior plastic)..

You must be registered for see images attach

My kit:

Ive got some stuff missing in that pic also.. Ive have some Megs All season dressing, my megs brushes that are now discontinued for some reason( ](*,) ), a gallon of all purpose cleaner(concentrate), and a bunch of towels.. I always forget stuff when I take a pic of it all. :-s

Edit: ohh yea, I love Westleys Bleech White for the tires also.. I use all purpose cleaner on the engine and interior diluted to 4:1 for exterior and 10:1 for interior(dash, carpets, blah blah). I would say that megs super degreaser like especko uses works better on the engine than what I use.. That stuff cost alot and ive not gotten around to getting alot of the detailers line products. O:)

2003KJ

Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Nobody uses a bucket?

I do....along with some soap, and and and some water and...... :-#

all kidding aside, here's what I use.....pic taken from a thread made last year about what detailing supplies we use.

You must be registered for see images

Have since gotten rid of the bug and tar remover, and now use WD-40 before I wash it. I also lately have not been using Mothers for the plastic trim. I have been using the Black Magic Tire Foam. When i'm done working it in with the sponge on the tires, i'll take that very same sponge and go over all the plastic trim. Does just as good, if not a better job than Mothers, and the foam stuff is pretty cheap.

saabsaviur

Reaction score
lol when i get home ill show you my auto detailing setup. i own a mobile auto detailing company i do part time mainly on weekends, doing car show preps and commercial vehicles, i have a small 4x6 trailer with 90gall fresh water tank, 1500 watt generator, pressure washer, and a truck box to hold all sorts of chemicals, im set to go where ever i tow it behind my kj and its awesome, its just hard to reverse such a small trailer.

2003KJ

Reaction score
saabsaviur said:
lol when i get home ill show you my auto detailing setup. i own a mobile auto detailing company i do part time mainly on weekends, doing car show preps and commercial vehicles, i have a small 4x6 trailer with 90gall fresh water tank, 1500 watt generator, pressure washer, and a truck box to hold all sorts of chemicals, im set to go where ever i tow it behind my kj and its awesome, its just hard to reverse such a small trailer.

Might not want to show Blake.....next thing you know, he'll have one!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saabsaviur said:

How many gallons do you usually use per wash? Do you use the pressure washer only? Or do you have another pump for a normal water hose?

What all do you use with the generator?

Marlon, I use a 5gallon bucket that I got at lowes. I got it b/c it has a lid and I can fill it up here at the dorm then take it to the car wash. O:)

saabsaviur

Reaction score
its a simple setup thats very profitable, 90 gal tank i can wash 2-3 full size cars with it using the pressure washer 2-3gpm only and two bucket of water a wash and a rinse, really dont use a lot of water the pressure washer is electric i have a shop vac mounted thats electric i do also have a small electric pump that i can use as a "garden hose flow"

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I asked because nobody listed a bucket... yet listed everything else... so I was wondering how the hell somebody's supposed to wash a car without a bucket. lol3.gif

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
little

If you don't like the Armor Al build up try lemon pleadge sprayed on a clean cloth or paper towel (b for interior, vynl, etc,,,) and Softscrub and nylon brush for cleaning lettering on tires, plus WD-40 for the plastic to remove wax and give it a low shine.......

Latest posts

Members online