Badge Adhesive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The metallic paint and plastic film is starting to peel on my "Liberty" letter bades on my doors. I want to take them off and paint them but I'm wondering if I can get them back on and if so, with what? I thought about using the double sided adhesive I used for my plastic tail light "guards" but the doors come in contact with a lot more ice and water and I wasn't sure if the adhesive would hold as well on my doors as it does on the tail lights.

Taping around them and spraying them right on the Jeep seems way too involved and risky.

Any suggestions?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
People that take them off usually can't get them back on in good shape....they'll fall apart. I'd order new ones.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i used a hairdryer to get mine off and they still dont come off well enough to go back on. you will have to order new ones

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Boooo! I had hopes I could paint them black or lime green and put them back on :D

Go to a sign shop and see if you can get a small piece of black vinyl sign material for free.
Most sign shops ought to have enough in their garbage cans.

Then simply apply the black vinyl (or lime green) over the JEEP lettering and trim with an Xacto knive and you have black lettering.
You can even get chrome vinyl if you want to restore the lettering to appear stock.

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use a heat gun, not a hair dryer to loosen up the adhesive really good.
you can also use liquid nails clear to stick them back on. its going to be stronger than the stock adhesive, but not as strong as regular liquid nails. the clear remained flexible a couple years after i used it to glue a headlight lens together on my old minivan. traded the van in on the jeep, so ican't tell youif it's still flexible at three years later

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a sign shop and see if you can get a small piece of black vinyl sign material for free.
Most sign shops ought to have enough in their garbage cans.

Then simply apply the black vinyl (or lime green) over the JEEP lettering and trim with an Xacto knive and you have black lettering.
You can even get chrome vinyl if you want to restore the lettering to appear stock.

X2 on the sign shop. I priced some up for mine a couple of years ago and they were like the equivalent of $180 for the 2x "Cherokee" and 2x "sport" badges so I got a sign shop to make them up in reflective white so they stand out in the dark! Love them and they cost me the equivalent of $20. Better and cheaper!! Cool................:smokin:

Attachments

• P1000756.jpg
    P1000756.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Members online