Auto ****** help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cannonball104

Reaction score
What I've got is an 04 Lib limited 4x4. Its got over 300,000 klms and only 1 problem that I'm having a hard time figuring out how to fix myself. What's happening is the 4th and 5th gear of the transmission engage to early so the whole jeep shakes vilontly unless I give her gas to speed up the rpms. Been gradually getting worse for a year, keeping in mind that I've also been hauling a 1 ton trailer for work for the last 250,000 klms. Yes I will take it in to get fixed be any ideas to prep me from not getting taken to the cleaners.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like it could be a torque converter clutch going bad. have you changed the fluid and filter recently?

cannonball104

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Matthew. I do a filter fluid change every summer but not the flush they do at the quick lube places. Never even thought of the converter. ILL try an additive as well before I give up and surrender.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I've got is an 04 Lib limited 4x4. Its got over 300,000 klms and only 1 problem that I'm having a hard time figuring out how to fix myself. What's happening is the 4th and 5th gear of the transmission engage to early so the whole jeep shakes vilontly unless I give her gas to speed up the rpms. Been gradually getting worse for a year, keeping in mind that I've also been hauling a 1 ton trailer for work for the last 250,000 klms. Yes I will take it in to get fixed be any ideas to prep me from not getting taken to the cleaners.
Now what year KJ? I see you stated a '04 but no '04 KJ has a 5 speed auto,only a 4 speed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.