Are any *clunk* *clunk* *clunk* noises ok?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, when I drove to San Francisco for the family xmas, I drove over some massive pot holes kinda fast (35mph) and my jeep made the most gawdawful *clunk**clunk**clunk* noises. I know it's not very smart to drive like that in the city but I was making my speedy getway from the family in the dark of night. Because of this I didn't really pay attention to the road damage ahead. O:)

Anyway, I never took my KJ to the city pre-lift so I don't know if this noise is normal. Am I just paranoid? 8-[

-jackie

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOISES

Jackie-
I hope it's not still making noises after leaving the city limits?!?
If you only heard the clunking when going over the pot holes , that's one thing.....if it still makes noise now , then that's trouble for sure! #-o

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
coming from the front?

i hear some sort of 'clunk' or something lose when i go over pot holes, had the dealer check it out back then, and they said nothing was amiss.
hear it only when i go over pot holes, which is most of the time in NYC...LOL

what frank said, is it still happening or was it just that one time?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear some clunking as well, but only when I traverse potholes.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do too, when i hit big holes. dont really know what it is. I also get this huge THUD when my rear axle maxs out its flex, i can feel it and hear it and everything. Kind of weird.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
my friends Montero sport does the same thing too, i asked him first, and he said, he gets it, as well as other Msport owners, and same thing, asked the dealer to check it out, nothing that was loose or anything..
wondering if it's an IFS thing

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One small suggestion hot rod, slow down for those pot holes!

:iroc:

:headbang: