ARB Bumper customization

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJam2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I added a 4xguard front guard and with a ARB bumper they would hit the recovery points where the shackles hang down. I read alot of people dealing with that by cutting the front guard to make it fit inbetween. I didnt want to cut the front guard and opted to cut the recover points off the arb bumper since i didnt like the location any ways. I would prefer to have them mounted to the front of the bumper inbetween the winch. My question is that doable mounted there and has anyone done it? If so, should I weld them on or would bolting them on be okay. I may opt for tow hooks instead, haven't decided. Any tips or recommendations appreciated

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I added a 4xguard front guard and with a ARB bumper they would hit the recovery points where the shackles hang down. I read alot of people dealing with that by cutting the front guard to make it fit inbetween. I didnt want to cut the front guard and opted to cut the recover points off the arb bumper since i didnt like the location any ways. I would prefer to have them mounted to the front of the bumper inbetween the winch. My question is that doable mounted there and has anyone done it? If so, should I weld them on or would bolting them on be okay. I may opt for tow hooks instead, haven't decided. Any tips or recommendations appreciated

Not really doable and would never be as strong, do not cut the recovery points off, if you have you screwed up IMO

To install good solid recovery points on front of bumper you would have to attach them to the main mounting bracket, Then cut slots in the bumper face itself to stick through.
I really hate to think you would of already cut off the recovery points, best / strongest out there

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember how much I paid for my 4x front guard but I know it was much less than what I paid for the ARB
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Down too low, do away with the mount that comes with the front skid and put it clear up touching the ARB
works best, no noise, vibration , just good and solid
Mine was mounted to the Skid Row engine skid, plus two small backets , one per side , holding it to the ARB

Latest posts

Members online