Anyone running these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a spare set of 16" steelies for a good set of tires I already have. I checked ebay and Car-Parts.com but used OE seem pretty pricey to me. Question is does anyone run these or similar and will a 245/70/16 fit on a 6.5" wide rim? I'm thinking it may be too narrow and a bit too much backspacing as I think stock 7" rims have about 41mm offset (so 3.5" + 41mm = about 5.1" backspacing?).

Pacer Black Modular 16 Black Wheel / Rim 5x4.25 & 5x4.5 with a 42mm Offset and a 72 Hub Bore. Partnumber 83B-66514

https://smile.amazon.com/Pacer-Modu...automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a spare set of 16" steelies for a good set of tires I already have. I checked ebay and Car-Parts.com but used OE seem pretty pricey to me. Question is does anyone run these or similar and will a 245/70/16 fit on a 6.5" wide rim? I'm thinking it may be too narrow and a bit too much backspacing as I think stock 7" rims have about 41mm offset (so 3.5" + 41mm = about 5.1" backspacing?).

Pacer Black Modular 16 Black Wheel / Rim 5x4.25 & 5x4.5 with a 42mm Offset and a 72 Hub Bore. Partnumber 83B-66514

https://smile.amazon.com/Pacer-Modu...automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

You should be able to find stock steel wheels way cheaper than that
I have at least 3 here if someone would pick them up could have them for 10 each, one even has brand new tire on.
Check craigslist etc

BUT I do kind of like those wheels you found :gr_grin:
But backspacing on it is 5.40 (for front wheel drive)

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find stock steel wheels way cheaper than that
I have at least 3 here if someone would pick them up could have them for 10 each, one even has brand new tire on.
Check craigslist etc

BUT I do kind of like those wheels you found :gr_grin:
But backspacing on it is 5.40 (for front wheel drive)

I figured the backspacing seemed a bit much. Wish I was closer to you, I'd definitely take the three you had. Haven't done Craiglist yet but the scrap yards around here all want at least 50 for really rough ones. I may check a few in person, sometimes they'll deal when you show up with cash. They don't need to be in great shape since I plan on painting them black anyway.