anyone notice this little "feature"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get out of my rennie and I need to unlock the doors to get in the back or swing gate, I used the lock/unlock switch on the driver door. Well I notice that it beeps or something when I unlock with that switch..Is it just me? and if not, what the hell is that for? :-k

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know..its not loud or anything, just a faint electronic beep..you have the same year and model...give it a try..see if im not just imagining this. I mean its no biggie, but just curious about it.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been hearing that since day one on and off. I keep forgetting to say something to the dealer when I bring it in for an oil change (dont really think it is something to make a special trip for). Mine will do it randomly though, not just when i have my dorr open. I have heard it with the rolling door locks a few times. Very very faint beep.

Trail_Rated

Reaction score
'05 Renny here and I can't say I've ever noticed any kind of beep when I unlock the doors from the driver's side switch. I will make sure to listen for it next time I'm in that situation.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I noticed this beep. There seems to be no real rhyme or reason for it. It just occasionally happens. Doesn't matter what you do, the beep will happen.

Just one of those quirks, I guess... :-s

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it happens on occasion. not an issue at all, just one of those things that make you want to mention it to other libby owners to see if its all in your head or not.
: )

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Doesn't matter what you do, the beep will happen.

Out of context, that had me laughing. (think "censored text")

HAHAHAHAH
the beep will happen
HAHAHAHAHAHA rollinglaugh.gif

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4Factor said:
Out of context, that had me laughing. (think "censored text")

HAHAHAHAH
the beep will happen
HAHAHAHAHAHA rollinglaugh.gif
Just remember, in life, 'beep' happens (biggrin)

I notice this from time to time, mostly when my doors auto-lock at 15mph. I just figured it was something in the relay system and wasn't too worried.

acbafam

Reaction score
re: beep happens

It's big brother checking up on you!

at least that's what I tell my in-laws. They are in the right age group to laugh and I think really wonder...

As for me I think it doesn't really matter till I her the robot voice from lost in space...

:-k

Latest posts

Members online