Anyone in Upstate NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone near me?

I'm an hour south of Plattsburgh, NY and an hour north of Glens Falls, NY; two hours north of Albany.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone near me?

I'm an hour south of Plattsburgh, NY and an hour north of Glens Falls, NY; two hours north of Albany.

I am right next to Saratoga. About 30 minutes to Glens Falls. Really beautiful country where you are. Do you know where the Buffalo Ranch is? Right off exit 29 of the Northway going towards Newcome. Or where the "Ghost Town" is at Tahawas??

You are probably the closest NY'r to me then?

Dave

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't say as I do.

We do go to Glens Falls and Saratoga occasionally shopping. We don't have much in our small town.

It's amazing how many Libby's are out there and you and I are the only ones up this way.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't say as I do.

We do go to Glens Falls and Saratoga occasionally shopping. We don't have much in our small town.

It's amazing how many Libby's are out there and you and I are the only ones up this way.

Yea, KJ's are everywhere here.

You are a long way off just to go shopping. The next time I head up that way I will PM you my cell#.

Dave

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to be in the commercial playground business and built them all over ny state. did a few big ones in plattsburgh. I'm from Syracuse, my family has a came about 45 mins north of there just outside Pulaski, and I know live in Rochester. I can't say i've made it up that far in about a year but its a beautiful area.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to be in the commercial playground business and built them all over ny state. did a few big ones in plattsburgh. I'm from Syracuse, my family has a came about 45 mins north of there just outside Pulaski, and I know live in Rochester. I can't say i've made it up that far in about a year but its a beautiful area.

Yea, Syracuse is quite a ways west of here. And Pulaski is beautiful. Great fishing up there.

Around here once you get to Warrensburg there's nothing but Adirondack Mountains all the way to Plattsburgh. No people just mountains. My favorite place.

Dave

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My family has a house up in Lake Luzurne, bout 15 minutes south of Lake George...

Im headed up there for presidents weekend, but they closed the house for the winter so Im staying at a hotel in Lake George. It'll be a crazy crowded weekend with all the tourists but Im hoping to get in a day of snowboarding if the snow is good.

So hello to all my fellow upstaters!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My family has a house up in Lake Luzurne, bout 15 minutes south of Lake George...

Im headed up there for presidents weekend, but they closed the house for the winter so Im staying at a hotel in Lake George. It'll be a crazy crowded weekend with all the tourists but Im hoping to get in a day of snowboarding if the snow is good.

So hello to all my fellow upstaters!

I know a place to off-road up there between Luzerne and Warrensburgh if you are interested sometime.....(after the snow is gone) as I don't think you can get in there right now.

Dave

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a place to off-road up there between Luzerne and Warrensburgh if you are interested sometime.....(after the snow is gone) as I don't think you can get in there right now.

Dave

ohhhh, do tell

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just outside of Amsterdam =]

When Renegade Flex comes up maybe we can all get a run going?? Is there anywhere legal you know of near Amsterdam to off-road?

Dave

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of, but then again, I haven't really researched it. I would imagine there has to be some trails up north, maybe in the Adirondack park, but who knows. I believe I posted a thread about trails near here a while back and didn't get any replies...I think I'm going to do some research now though!

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ticonderoga, NY

Remember that place you learned about in grade school?

Fort Ticonderoga in the Revolutionary War.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ticonderoga, NY

Remember that place you learned about in grade school?

Fort Ticonderoga in the Revolutionary War.

I know that area fairly well except for off-road places up there. There was a private one off of Street Road I used to go near Thompson's Orchards if that is still there..

There is a place in Schroon Lake I know of (the back road to Pharough Mountain). One right outside of Indian Lake. One near Warrensburgh over the mountain to Lake Luzerne. All legal of course. If you want to get together some time when the weather gets better let me know and I will PM you my cell#

Dave