Anyone having electrical Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GIJOEwithaKJ

Reaction score
I have had my 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport for about a month now. It has 38,679 miles on it. It is the V6 4x4. It's also got an early build date (prelowered manufactured in '01). When I hit the turn signal-my driver's side dome light comes on. It doesn't happen all the time. Usually about once a day. Are Jeeps known for electrical gremlins??? I am not really all that worried about it, but I do find it strange. Could this be releated to the early build date? Perhaps Jeep didn't work out all the bug before sending her up here to Minnesota?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
there is a TSB for some electircal issues, one being the dome light coming on and off, or the guage lights flickering.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like your Body Control Module is acting up. Did you add anything electrical wise to your Jeep? Normally those don't break but when they do, they go haywire like that.

Bennett

2003KJ

Reaction score
Noticed this early this morning when I was coming home.

Leaving my cousins house (had a black out at mine, which ment to a/c and a toasty 90* inside). Got in, started it up, put it in reverse (seatbelt off, i always get going before I put on my belt), computer did its system check like normal (some lights light up, chimes to tell me to put my seatbelt on) and system check stopped, like normal. As I was backing out system check came back on for no reason at all. But this time, guages went dead, backlights around the guages went dead (headlights on), and EVERY light came on the dash. Did it's little chime thing again, went back off after the standard 5 seconds or whatever it is, and I had my guages back. Engine never missed a beat, ran perfectly smooth. Headlights stayed on and everything. Shut the Jeep off and restarted it again, and this time system check only came on once (like normal).

Keeping my eye on it now. All I can chalk it up to is being a Jeep, since all Jeeps are quirky.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go here to see the recalls, TSB's etc for your model year.
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/04/020441f1.html
I put my money on the fact you may have a bad turn signal stalk, which controls all the lights.

GIJOEwithaKJ said:
I have had my 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport for about a month now. It has 38,679 miles on it. It is the V6 4x4. It's also got an early build date (prelowered manufactured in '01). When I hit the turn signal-my driver's side dome light comes on. It doesn't happen all the time. Usually about once a day. Are Jeeps known for electrical gremlins??? I am not really all that worried about it, but I do find it strange. Could this be releated to the early build date? Perhaps Jeep didn't work out all the bug before sending her up here to Minnesota?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the dome light comes on all the time and the TSB didn't fix it....and the check engine light comes on randomly, and sometimes it throws codes, and sometimes it doesn't. I have an early build date, pre-lowered 4x4 sport.

GIJOEwithaKJ

Reaction score
TSB solved-still the same thing

My Jeep has had all the TSB's taken care of at my local dealer. I did add two neon lights inside the Jeep. They are wired to the ignition though. I figured that would be a separate circuit.