Anyone have a pic of a Rusty's lift with stock tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am contemplating buying a Rusty's kit now but holding off on replacing the stock rubber until the end of summer. Does anyone have a pic of what this would looks like? I'm not that concerned about looks, but if the lift makes the wheels look like donuts, I might hold off on the lift and do both at the same time.

TIA

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wont look as bad as you think. Someone I know ran the stock tires with the Franken lift and it didnt look all that bad. O:)

I have the OME rear springs and the rustys springs on the front and I use the stock wheels from time to time. Doesnt look that bad at all. I dont have any pics though. :-s

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lift is a lift, any rig 2 -2.5 inches in the air will look the same. Lots of pics on this and other KJ sites with stock and 245/70 tires which are the same diameter and therfore look the same.

jkl

Reaction score
moose on lostkjs had the frankenlift with stock tires and wheels.
it didnt look that bad, i mean, it wasnt repulsive or anything...
you could tell he had a big lift though...

here's a pic of stock tires with a frankenlift. you see that you can TELL there's a lift, but it doesnt look bad.

You must be registered for see images

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would look better w/ bigger tyres - and more knobbly :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
that white KJ is screaming for bigger tires!
It is like he is mocking those of us with no lift and wishing for bigger tires..

Like a man who shaves his head when baldies want all the hair.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the less I want bigger tires. It changes the speedo and saps power. Max 1" bigger if at all. I'd rather just get clearance with the lift. Any experiences (good and bad) with bigger tires that you might want to share? Sorry for asking lots of newbie questions, but I am a 4x4 newbie.

Thanks for the pic. That lift looks to be more than 2.5" that a Rusty's kit will got you.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of use run 245/75R16. Its about 1.5" taller than stock. Its only about 5% larger than stock. You could run a 255/70R16 which is only about 1" bigger than stock and like 3% larger.

I don't feel it sap too much power at all. I hardly noticed a difference, but some people notice a huge difference. It all depends on how sensitive you are to small changes. Also remember Rusty's lift sits about .5-1" lower than the frankenlift so it won't look as extreme.

Latest posts

Members online