Anyone groove their own tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[YT]tsF-uHptyq4&f[/YT]

Would doing something like this to a set of MTR's help out with traction on the street in the wet stuff? Or is it a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
people have been doing this for years, ive seen it done on drag tires also. i would say it works.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, this seems like something I would be interested in doing. Where would I go abouts finding the most efficient way to cut into the tread pattern. It would be great to be able to add sipes to make the tires better in the winter. Also where would I go abouts renting/ finding one of those tools?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, this seems like something I would be interested in doing. Where would I go abouts finding the most efficient way to cut into the tread pattern. It would be great to be able to add sipes to make the tires better in the winter. Also where would I go abouts renting/ finding one of those tools?
Some tire shops will sip your tires for a small fee,or buy your own hot knife.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rather do it myself for the know how, do you know of a site off hand which explains this? Im gonna spend a little while google searching later tn.