ANYBODY TRY THIS???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raceinfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAVEN'T POSTED IN AWHILE LOT'S GOING ON ANY WAY HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED A DAYSTAR 1 INCH OR 1 1/2 INCH LIFT,OR REVTECKS 2 INCH LIFT,DUE TO STRICT LIFT LAWS IN MASS,WHICH PRETTY MUCH ISN'T ALLOWED FROM A DEALER STANDPOINT,I'D LIKE TO LIFT MY JEEP BUT KEEP IT UNDER RADAR WHEN IT GOES IN FOR SERVICE TILL IT HITS 100,000(WHICH WARRENTY WILL RUN OUT)GOTTA LONG WAY TO GO ONLY 15,000 ON IT NOW,I KNOW 2INCHES WILL BE NOTICABLE BUT IF I HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT BEFORE IT GOES IN FOR ANY ROUTINE OR MAJOR SERVICE HOPEFULLY NEVER!!! IS IT EASY TO TAKE OUT THE 2 INCH ONE,OR SHOULD I GO WITH THE INCH INCH & A HALF LIFT & HOPE FOR THE BEST,ALSO ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM OFFROAD???ANY GOOD????LIGHT TO MODERATE WHEELIN,THANKS FOR ANY HELP

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLEASE NO YELLING! It just makes the bottle of wine I just had spin even more... LOL.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
PLEASE NO YELLING! It just makes the bottle of wine I just had spin even more... LOL.

u can chalk that up to a Pete thing...LoL

edit..now that i reread the post.....whatever i had to say was a moot point... :-s

idealrides

Reaction score
you can barely even notice a 2 inch lift unless you are parked next to a stock liberty. you won't have any problem in mass but don't expect your dealer to fix a suspension related problem under warranty.

2003KJ

Reaction score
some dealers are cool about lifting Jeeps and know what its about, and will still fix warranty issues. Especially if you had them install the lift and something went wrong, cause then they're definately liable for it. Give your dealer a call and see if they still like lifted Jeeps. I've seen several posts saying most dealers will still warranty a vehicle that is no more than 3 inches or so from stock height.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're worried about them figuring out it's lifted, look at it this way.
If I had a lifted vehicle, and took it to a mechanic and, after close inspection, he couldn't tell it was lifted, I'd take my keys back and high tail it out of there before he wrecks my vehicle.
Moral: They're going to notice... it's their job!

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the laws in Mass, but I assume they are more or less looking to stop the huge 12" lifted truck. You really have to know the Jeep or compare it side by side to tell.

raceinfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply's guy's as for MASS LAWS we are allowed a certain amount of inches from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panel which is fine & I have contacted a couple of dealer ships,bottom line is if something MAJOR breaks & chrysler does get involved my drivetrain warrenty WILL BE VOID #-o on that specific part their main concern (from the people I've talked too ) is the rear end & drive shaft area so I'll have to wait I'm coverd for 100thousand,but could give in before

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just lift it and go wheeling. Tons of people have their KJs lifted 2.5 - 3" without any problems. Your rear drive shaft will be fine. Some with close to 100k lifted. If it is mostly street driving I doubt you will notice a thing. I just took a 1400 miles trip across county with a 3000lbs trail and am lift 2.5" w/o a single problem. I have probably 12k on my lift and not one single problem, plenty of wheeling and highway driving while towing.

I'm not sure where you are at but you can always try another dealer.

Check out www.lostkjs.com when you get a chance, tons of modified libertys