antennax complaint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cirsory

Reaction score
ordered an antenna for the liberty. got a universal antenna thinking thats it. this is how it fits.....i am not happy with it. i sent them an email last week and haven't heard back from them. Great wisdom of the KJ forum, am i doing anything wrong here?

You must be registered for see images attach

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
not that I can see ... Mine is not that thick at the base. It is not a rubberized one though just a mini. I would say they sold you the wrong one unless that black collar is removable or something.

cirsory

Reaction score
the black collar is removable but it is the adapter to use different screws, without it it doesn't screw on at all. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. An antenna is simple and straight forward.

cirsory

Reaction score
2nd email sent and another week went by. no response. I'm sucking it up as a lost cause.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is about how mine sits. It is about .5 thread away from touching, but it is tight. I think it is fine. If you hand tightened it as much as you could, it is fine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So what is it that you do not like?

If it's a "Universial" fit, then that's what you get!

Is it the fact that you ca see the exposed brass threaded fitting that screws into the stock
KJ antenna mount?

You could always add a rubber grommet in between the base of the aftermarket antenna and the KJ's antenna mount to give it a more finished look!

I made my own adapter on my lathe and made sure that when it screwed into/onto the KJ's factory antenna's base that it would fit "Tight" and look like it belonged there!