Another "poor customer service" post.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotelmode

Reaction score
I ordered some parts for a head gasket job that I'm working on.

The parts are available at NAPA for a similar price, but I had a few days so I ordered from RockAuto to save me the trip to the store.

I also paid for 2 day shipping, so I wouldn't have to mess around with waiting for too long, and it was only an extra $3.

Half of my order arrived quickly.

The other half of my order still hasn't been delivered. The items were ordered 8 days ago (6 business days). It's obvious by looking at the tracking that the parts didn't leave the warehouse in a timely fashion, so FedEx did their part.

RockAuto won't refund the shipping. They refunded the difference between Ground Shipping and 2-Day shipping, which is $3.

I'd be happy if they refunded all of the shipping charges, since the parts didn't leave the warehouse when they were supposed to, but instead I'm stuck with a dead car in the driveway waiting on parts.

My other option is go to go NAPA, buy parts there, then return these parts, but then I'd have to pay the original shipping, PLUS return shipping.

Not very happy, so I'll be sourcing my parts locally from now on.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future. Ordering things online always comes with a wait, but at a certain point it's not worth it, especially when there's no warning of an extra 5 day wait and your car is dead in the driveway.

RockAuto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sorry you felt our service was poor and that this package was late. If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to PM me your order number.