Another noob question- CV drive shaft/front propeller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hey gang!

Got an issue. Ordered my replacement parts last week for the forward drive shaft on the ‘07 limited. Got an email today to verify that the 16.5 inch weld to weld is the proper one.

I’ll be darned if I can figure it out as A: I don’t have the one that was removed and B: the previous owner hasn’t produced it yet.

I keep reading “for 16.5 inch weld to weld” only, but cannot seem to find any other sizes. My lack of experience/newness to wrenching on this sort of vehicle has made the paranoia slip in (for you VW folks I’m thinking along the lines of the seven different starter bushings).

Anyway, hoping the gang here can guide me. I’d head over to the previous owners’ place and find out, but I’ve got things torn down for cancer and window regulator repairs, and just started welding in the donor steel!

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
Hey gang!

Got an issue. Ordered my replacement parts last week for the forward drive shaft on the ‘07 limited. Got an email today to verify that the 16.5 inch weld to weld is the proper one.

I’ll be darned if I can figure it out as A: I don’t have the one that was removed and B: the previous owner hasn’t produced it yet.

I keep reading “for 16.5 inch weld to weld” only, but cannot seem to find any other sizes. My lack of experience/newness to wrenching on this sort of vehicle has made the paranoia slip in (for you VW folks I’m thinking along the lines of the seven different starter bushings).

Anyway, hoping the gang here can guide me. I’d head over to the previous owners’ place and find out, but I’ve got things torn down for cancer and window regulator repairs, and just started welding in the donor steel!
Don't know about 07 but measure the mating surfaces from transfer case to diff. My 02 is 31 inches so I ordered a 31.3 shaft the weld to weld is 19 inches and some change. I ordered my bolts through fastenal they are different lengths on mine ,they may be on yours too, but mine is 8x1.25. 45mm in rear 55mm in front

Latest posts

Members online