Another EVIC MOD - NEED HELP w/ 05' install !

Discussion in 'How To' started by Mytmouse, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Mytmouse

Mytmouse Full Access Member

I'm going cross eyed from all of the 40+ pages from the HOW TO: Install an EVIC thread - so I decided to start a new Thread to get some help/solutions

‚ÄčOk I thought I had everything figured out and got all my necessary parts. I have an 05 Liberty that required me getting the extra mounting bracket to install the EVIC. I finally had some time to do this mod. First thing stopped me in my tracks - that is that the dome courtesy light plug / wiring is totally different in my 05 Liberty than the EVIC (56042756AJ) I got from Ebay. I've been though all of the 40+ pages from the HOW TO: Install an EVIC thread - I can't find the wiring difference and /or solution to this. Can anyone HELP?

see link for pictures dome courtesy light plug / wiring differences

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iPu1Z4SYpL8RpCTD6

2. Mytmouse

I figured out/found the courtesy dome light plug wiring and lights working backwards dilemma from post #96 & #97 on the HOW TO Install an EVIC thread. Now I just have to figure out how to change/move the wiring within the plug.

As I mentioned last night I hooked up the EVIC and powered it up briefly. I did not cut the head linener/mount it yet - the no turning back portion, until I was sure everything is working. All seems to be working except the Temperature reads --F .
    The EVIC I got is from a 2004 GC, which reading here, multiple times, says an 04 or newer EVIC will work for my 05 Liberty temp reading to work. I do have a temp sensor installed, even purchased an additional new one, same result. Some say it might just need to register different temps for more than 5 min. I have the Liberty still in my garage as I'm working on other things, so I haven't kept it on longer than 5 min.
    I have a few other issues like only one tire is not reading pressure, but the other three show 33,33,32 , I didn't even think I had TPMS sensors in ths tires?..?..?. Also only the front drivers and front passengers door register open/closed, not the any of the rear doors or glass/gate, but still does show on the dash.

See pics - I used tap a fuse on #13 fuse position, and the OBD adapter worked out nice , hope the cutting of the headliner comes out as well..
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/URTiTA7KL2sDZ93C6

-TC
    _______
    [_] [___]
    l-----{o||||o}
    ()_) ()_)-o-)_)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." -Master Oogway (KungFu Panda)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. Mytmouse

I now had the Liberty out in the driveway running longer than 5 min. STILL NO TEMP. reading.
    Does this mean I NEED AN EVIC FROM AN 05 OR HIGHER.... ?

4. Mytmouse

I believe we need an EVIC out of an 04, or 05 to 07 LIBERTY specifically?
    I have an Ebay seller who has a few andrelized that, and is asking the part number - he recalls the Liberty's EVIC having a bit different part number from a previous transaction. ..

Does anyone know what the part number(s) would be for an 04, 05, 06 ,or 06 for an EVIC specifically from a Liberty?

5. Mytmouse

Now to add to my EVIC issues - besides the -- F for the temp. I now noticed all of a sudden when the kids get in the back (open both rear doors) only the right rear started showing open and never clears (shows closed) when the doors are closed. I have to unplug the EVIC to get it to stop showing - only until my daughter opens the right rear door again.
    I'm leaving this EVIC DISCONNECTED and going back to just the map courtesy lights until I find the PROPER EVIC ....

6. Mytmouse

Ebay seller mentioned this;

The last numbers 57aj or 49aj the 56 is tps but I know the liberty has the first half of the number is different..

Any help/ idea of the Liberty part number?

7. Mytmouse

Got another EVIC (from 05 Liberty) wires different coloring

I just found another EVIC at a wreckers out East of me - they say it's from an 05 Liberty part number P/N 56010520AD...

I see that the wire colors for the EVIC plug are different and the Courtesy Dome light plug is the same as in my 05 Liberty, which is a plus (I wont have to mess with that wiring)...

Now I'm wondering if the way I wired my wiring from the Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Overhead console and EVIC and Installing an OTIS How To install an EVIC is going to work?
    The say :
    EVIC pin #5 Blue / White to fused ignition switch Output (#13 fuse block)
    EVIC pin #4 Black/Orange to pin #4 of the OBD port > GROUND
    EVIC pin#3 Pink to pin #16 of the OBD port > FUSED B (+)
    EVIC pin#2 Yellow/Violet to pin #2 of the OBD port > PCI BUS

Where as this (05 Liberty) EVCI plug has:
    EVIC pin#5 Pink / Green
    EVIC pin# 4 Black/White
    EVIC pin# 3 Red
    EVIC pin# 2 White Violet

See Pictures:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/9itUksTtsjE9Bzck7

8. Mytmouse

Got another EVIC (from 05 Liberty) wires different coloring

IF the pins/functions to the EVIC are all be the same ( ? )

If so then the color code of the wiring does NOT matter as long as the pins/function at the EVIC are the SAME....???....????

Can anyone Confirm this for me ?

9. Mytmouse

Found it -I missed the note that says "WIRE COLORS MAY VARY"

10. Mytmouse

Wait am I reading the How to thread correctly - that if this is an 05 EVIC to get the TPMS to work, it is not just a matter of getting 4 (or 5) tpms sensors and a Retraining magnet ?
    That the 05 that came with TPMS as an option has a different set up - external antenna's in each wheel well?

11. Mytmouse

I did not connect this next EVIC up yet - the dealer has my Liberty right now for a recall - Installing a rear hitch for free :happy107:

I'm confused what EVIC this is then from the provided list does not match any.....,?

I was hoping to add TPMS to my Liberty after adding the 05 Liberty EVIC that has Home link & TPMS (I thought it did - maybe not??). To just get the proper tire sensors and just use the learning magnet (I already have the tire learning magnet, it's a doughnut shaped magnet and goes over/around the tire valve) - that's what I was working on/ looking for what proper sensors to get, when I came across this comment, post #192 of the How to install an EVIC....
    So according to this comment, by me adding the 05 EVIC I just got that I think has TPMS, it's not just a matter of adding the tire sensors ? The Liberty would have to have this other module and three wheel well antennas?

12. Mytmouse

Just an update - I've up to date with this EVIC / Bracket saga on the HOW TO Thread:

HOW TO: Install an EVIC or OTIS (overhead computer)

and

EVIC for '05 Renegade 3.7l??

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019