Another .75 polyspacer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at Rusty's site, and they're only $20? I can even the suspension in my Libby for a mere $20? Will it work on a pre-lowered?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, and yes. There are pics of people who have done it. I really dont like the look and when you put weight in it or hook a boat up to it, it will look like its saging alot. I like it being higher in the rear.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm not a bad idea, because then I think the whole clevis lift goes away. I sometimes wonder how well the clevis is holding with it not entirely put together. I might pick up a set of these, because I am replacing the front shocks soon.

Bennett

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Eddo said:
Bennett said:
What about this???

Strut Plate:
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/...OD&Product_Code=KJSP&Category_Code=sus_kj_par

OR is it better to use the the .75 poly spacer?

Thanks
Bennett

The .75 poly spacer is the EXACT same as the daystar 1.5" poly spacer for alot cheaper. I had both of them sitting in my garage at one time.

The 1/4" plate just goes over the top of the strut assembly and gives about 1/2" of lift or a little less.

Since I already have the rusty's 2.5" spring lift. Which would you recommend? will both give the same amount of height?

I want it to sit level, without the current clevis lift I have right now.

Thanks
Bennett

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Eddo said:
Bennett said:
What about this???

Strut Plate:
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/...OD&Product_Code=KJSP&Category_Code=sus_kj_par

OR is it better to use the the .75 poly spacer?

Thanks
Bennett

The .75 poly spacer is the EXACT same as the daystar 1.5" poly spacer for alot cheaper. I had both of them sitting in my garage at one time.

The 1/4" plate just goes over the top of the strut assembly and gives about 1/2" of lift or a little less.

Since I already have the rusty's 2.5" spring lift. Which would you recommend? will both give the same amount of height?

I want it to sit level, without the current clevis lift I have right now.

Thanks
Bennett

The .75" poly spacer will give just about 1.5" of lift and probably be too high with rusty's springs.

I would recommend the 1/4" strut plate spacer. That is essentially the equilivant of doing a 1/4" clevis lift. Will give you around 3/8-1/2" of lift.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Just thought of somthing...

If I put that plate in, it will lower the whole strut assembly. Wouldn't that cause balljoint problems? As like the OTT lift uses the same principle and others have complained of problems.

Bennett

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe if you put the spacer, or different strut plate in, you get ball joint contact. I would post this on the lost website to find out more info.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Just thought of somthing...

If I put that plate in, it will lower the whole strut assembly. Wouldn't that cause balljoint problems? As like the OTT lift uses the same principle and others have complained of problems.

Bennett

Yes, that is a very good point. Most people actually don't reconize what actually cause the contact.

However, it is only a 1/4" spacer so it is not enough to cause a problem. The OTT spacer was like 1.25" so you have quite a bit of difference.

Also, doing too large of a clevis lift will result in upper ball joint contact problems. The strut assembly is what stops the wheel from drooping any further. Thus if you add a clevis lift (moving the clamp down) or large over the top spacer, the wheel will droop futher. When the wheel droops it takes the upper control arm with the upper ball joint on it down. When this goes down far enough it start to swing down and hits the springs usually right at the upper ball jount.

So in short a 1/4" or even 1/2" spacer is not going be a problem. Once you start getting around an 1" is where you will have problems.

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked and didn't see a how to. Is there one for taking the front shocks/struts? Is this a fiarly painless job?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe, one of those is my post. Hope it helps him some.

Edit: im jealous! mypost wasent put into how-to and i had pics!!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Hehe, one of those is my post. Hope it helps him some.

Yeah they are excellent pictures!

When I take off my front suspension I am going to try to get some more.

Latest posts

Members online