All it takes is one old man...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who thought he was going to make an oddball left turn into a shopping plaza in front of my wife and the KJ. I'm deployed right now, she emailed me these pics:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Unfortunately nothing can be done until Monday, so she's stuck at home, but at least she's ok. The Subaru wagon didn't fair as well.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
US Coast Guard. We stopped in Puerto Rico for a couple days. Were you on a ship back in March that went to Antigua?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see it, glad she's ok.

Is it driveable?
No, it smashed the radiator in enough that it cracked open. She's just kinda bummed that she can't trade it in at Carmax anymore. On a positive note, I will always have a winter 4x4 to drive from now on lol.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Plastic bumpers...ya...
Glad your wife is ok.
I would seriously consider this is the opportunity to install a real ARB front bumper...NOW!
Then she would have been probably able to drive away, without all the rad & light damage.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its her vehicle, she doesn't like them. What she wants is a Limited. This would've been laughable with an ARB, that Subaru would be totalled.

markc

Reaction score
04 Liberty, first let me say thank you for your service to this country. Next, glad your wife is okay, no injuries. Now, this is the perfect excuse for a heavy duty replacement bumper....

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I to am glad she is OK. Hope you can get the jeep fixed quick. ***** being out of a vehicle.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been real lucky that I haven't had a vehicular accident in many years. Now if you start counting all the trees & rocks that I've hit on the trail, that's a totally different story.

Of all the accident stories that I've heard & read involving a Libby it seldom was hit by somebody else but did the hitting and because it's so solid it fared better than the other guy. Often the Libby airbags don't even go off.

Also I have to agree that an ARB bumper would have minimized your damage & maximized the Subaru damage. I'd love have seen a pic of the other guy.

And lastly, thanks 04 Liberty for your service in the USCG. Here in Canada we too value our armed services.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. She got the rental yesterday and she hates it (Corolla). Funny, her first car ever was a Hyundai Accent. Ever since she got the Jeep she doesn't like to ride down low in cars anymore lol. Insisting on oem parts has brought it to at least $6000 as of yesterday. Good thing we're not paying for it.

telefunkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're wife is ok. My wife had the exact same thing happen to her, oddly enough it was by an old man as well. The damage looks similar and ended up costing about $6500.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple days ago she was told it will take 10 days to repair and get it back to us. So it won't be back before I get home. So I will get to drive the little Corolla rental (oh joy) until I fix the axle under the Ram.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Got it back today, the paint on the hood and left front fender is SHINY new! Too bad it looks better than the rest of the body lol. I haven't gotten to drive it yet since I'm on duty today. I should have pictures tomorrow.