Alignment time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Taking 'Bert in for alignment at a local shop that comes highly recommended by Jeep (and Taco and Furd, etc...) folks here in Omaha. They specialize in lifted vehicle alignments. These guys are pretty cool, they freely admitted they have never done a lifted Liberty ("JBA does Liberty stuff!?!?!") and asked if I could track down a spec sheet(s), tips, etc. from yinze gurus for them to work from. They are cutting me a great deal (under 100$) just to get play with the somewhat infamous "Tuttle Tank".

I have been hitting the related threads on here hard. One of them I read months ago had a "correct" spec sheet posted, but of course I cannot seem to find it now that I need it. Doesn't help that most of the discussions might as well be in Cyrillic script to me.

I have linked them this thread: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/alignment-specifications-for-a-lifted-kj.58723/

I freely admit all I know about alignment is on VW bugs...which I always did myself.
Suggestions?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I freely admit all I know about alignment is on VW bugs...which I always did myself.
Suggestions?
Ahhh yes...place flat edge between upper and lower control arms, measure difference, add or subtract shims as necessary. Good old link pin front end was sooo simple. I'm currently having an internal struggle with '64 baja for sale nearby, pretty well built. I've talked myself in and out of the idea of buying it numerous times already. There was a sandrail too, but it went pretty quickly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you find the lifted KJ alignment specs ?
If not here ya go
lifted KJs camber must be set as close to center specs as possible , cross caster must be within .5 degrees and at least 2 to 3 degrees. If toe and camber are within specs you're good

Latest posts

Members online