Airbag module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denism

Reaction score
Hi all! Does anybody know where passenger airbag module located?
thanks

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't a specific module just for the passenger side airbag. The KK has an Occupant Restraint Controller, which controls the functions of both airbags.

It is located under the center console, and is bolted to the top of the transmission tunnel. It will have either one or two yellow connectors going to it.

Just out of curiosity, what are looking to do? Maybe I can provide some info that will be helpful.

denism

Reaction score
My passenger airbag light is on and I was told that module has to be reset. I was going to remove it and send it to company, they said they can do it for $55
Thanks for info anyway.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger airbag light is on and I was told that module has to be reset. I was going to remove it and send it to company, they said they can do it for $55
Thanks for info anyway.

before doing any kind of work like that, make sure you disconnect your battery for something like 20 minutes. You don't want to trip something and get a screwdriver impaled through your forehead.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before doing any kind of work like that, make sure you disconnect your battery for something like 20 minutes. You don't want to trip something and get a screwdriver impaled through your forehead.

although that would make a great you tube video

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the passenger light is on, you may have a DTC in the Occupant Classification Module. It basically weighs the passenger in the passenger front seat to determine how much force should be used to deploy the airbag. If it's an adult, it goes full force, small children, about half power.

Removing it and sending it off to be reset doesn't sound right at all. I have never heard of this being done.

There is a procedure using the WiTech scan tool and a set of 4 weights used to recalibrate the system if that is your issue, which 9 times out of 10 is why the passenger airbag light stays illuminated.

Can you provide DTCs at all? Any info you can provide can help me give you answers.

denism

Reaction score
My car was in an accident, but it was hit to the driver side. When buckle both seat belts the light stays on, message says “ passenger airbag off” That’s when I start searching I found info about airbag module.

denism

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, when buckle driver side seat belt, the light goes off.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When your accident occurred, did any airbags deploy?
I have never heard of being able to reset modules after an accident when airbags or seat belt pretensioners are deployed.
Every bit of service info I have ever seen on Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles says that after airbags or seat belt pretensioners are deployed, the module has to be replaced. I have never seen anything that says they are able to be reset.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I have never heard of that. Give it a try.

The ad they have is correct. We at the dealership do not have the ability to reset modules after airbag deployment.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know for GM SRS modules after the 1st airbag deployment the module was good for a 2nd but would keep the airbag light lite.I can not say about Chrysler SRS modules.We always replaced them.The only thing you can program in them is the VIN anyways.

I know for a fact that place if full of s@#t,until about 2-3 weeks ago there was only 1 computer in the USA that could even do anything but read the SRS codes on toyota's,there's about 20-30 now and that is it and only toyota has them.

denism

Reaction score
I have another problem, you might now the solution. When I feel up gas, my gas needle goes all the way to empty and light turns on saying low gas. But than you start driving and needle goes toward full tank. Basicaly it work backward. Any ideas what would be the problem?
Thanks

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well being that the vehicle was involved in a wreck, it could be an issue with damaged wiring.
The most common cause of fuel gauge issues is that the fuel level sender gets worn out. Hard to say though.

denism

Reaction score
Hi! I have a question, my car key has a remote start button. Do you know if the key has to be programmed for that option to be able to use?
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.