Air tank..maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi ya’ll I was just wondering if any of you have an air tank installed in your kj? One of the mods I would like to do to my kj is running an ARB rear air locker. I would also like to be able to use air tools on the trail. So I was looking for suggestions on mounting locations and which take has been used. Thanks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this thread, has a basic install: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/arb-ckma12-air-compressor.63375/
Off the top of my head, ARB air locker $ 1K plus install $$. Average ARB compressor $250-$600, Arb lines kit $100, ARB 8.25 diff cover $200 + shipping & Tax.
That's an expensive wish list.

Off road air tools, I'd be more tempted to have quality 18V or 36v cordless, rather than having a large tank/compressor mounted up.
Then again for air tools, who wouldn't want to have a portable 10Lb Power tank at hand.
Jump to 3 minutes, 43 seconds for more ideas..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been carrying two air compressors on my motorcycle for years. Twice I used one, I believe. They are both the side of a pack of cigarettes, but will fill a tire, not too slowly.

Tow trucks used to carry a compressor. I never saw one run air tools, but they did fill tires. I don't think they do that much any more.

I have two or three small compressors in my ATV.

A lot of cars run air shocks, and thus have to have an air compressor.

There has to be at least a million ways to get air on your ride.

That Bleepin Jeep guy appeared on Matts off road. I didn't know who he was, but he did pretty good with that video there, Liberty.
dc

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this thread, has a basic install: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/arb-ckma12-air-compressor.63375/
Off the top of my head, ARB air locker $ 1K plus install $$. Average ARB compressor $250-$600, Arb lines kit $100, ARB 8.25 diff cover $200 + shipping & Tax.
That's an expensive wish list.

Off road air tools, I'd be more tempted to have quality 18V or 36v cordless, rather than having a large tank/compressor mounted up.
Then again for air tools, who wouldn't want to have a portable 10Lb Power tank at hand.
Jump to 3 minutes, 43 seconds for more ideas..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was thinking more like Nate from Dirt lifestyle and a 1 to 2lb tank. A 10 pounder would be insane. Lol but thanks for the suggestions