Air Cond. Compressor ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I belive I heard it was always running even with air off??

If so, that would explain why I have the water dripping in my drive when I'm parked. coming from condensor "Can" i believe......

2003KJ

Reaction score
What year is your KJ?

The a/c compressor shouldn't cycle unless one of the a/c or defroster settings are selected...

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an "06".... not using defrost or air settings..

I was just assuming that's why i had the water dripping. It's not radiator stuff..

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
What year is your KJ?

The a/c compressor shouldn't cycle unless one of the a/c or defroster settings are selected...

I agree,.....but it does, silly thing doesnt know when to stop. I think on our CRD the only mode it doesnt come on is in the dash vent mode. Maybe someone else knows for sure though.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, if the A/C was coming on when the it was turned off inside, I would unplug the compressor.. Thats just starting to get stupid if they are getting that thing to kick on when its not even in use! All that does is wear it out quicker!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it have a clutch type drive ? if it does and it's always running it's also adding some load to the engine that it doesn't need. It should disconnect when air is off, and the pully just free wheel til engaged.,,not keep runnng.

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Wow, if the A/C was coming on when the it was turned off inside, I would unplug the compressor.. Thats just starting to get stupid if they are getting that thing to kick on when its not even in use! All that does is wear it out quicker!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

No kiddin.....not to mention sucking down the gas even quicker.