Air bag wiring under seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summerplace

Reaction score
I have installed heated/power leather seats in my 2005 Liberty Sport. The seats I was told was from a 2005 Liberty. My liberty had 2 wires at driver seat and 3 wires under the passenger seat. I am running a dedicated switched wire hopefully from cigarette lighter. I am installing the jeep resettable breaker in line and taking ground from chasis. My problem is the passenger seat old seat had 3 wires (pink, white/bulk, and black) black shows some continuity to ground and I think the other to go to the occupancy block under the old seat. The new seat has the standard flat 4 conductor connector. Blk/wht which is 12- to the power mtrs, purple, red/blu which is 12+ to seat motors, and grey. Grey and purple are lighter gauge and appear to be equivalent to the two colored wires o. The old seat and they run into a connector and leave as 2 white wires disappearing into the seat. I have no idea what the small black wire does on the old harness.

I realize this was long, but I am hoping someone can help me out on this, if not I may try to tKe leather off the new seat and try to use the old non-powered seat.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have installed heated/power leather seats in my 2005 Liberty Sport. The seats I was told was from a 2005 Liberty. My liberty had 2 wires at driver seat and 3 wires under the passenger seat. I am running a dedicated switched wire hopefully from cigarette lighter. I am installing the jeep resettable breaker in line and taking ground from chasis. My problem is the passenger seat old seat had 3 wires (pink, white/bulk, and black) black shows some continuity to ground and I think the other to go to the occupancy block under the old seat. The new seat has the standard flat 4 conductor connector. Blk/wht which is 12- to the power mtrs, purple, red/blu which is 12+ to seat motors, and grey. Grey and purple are lighter gauge and appear to be equivalent to the two colored wires o. The old seat and they run into a connector and leave as 2 white wires disappearing into the seat. I have no idea what the small black wire does on the old harness.

I realize this was long, but I am hoping someone can help me out on this, if not I may try to tKe leather off the new seat and try to use the old non-powered seat.

Might be some info here http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-add-leather-power-seats-kj-25651/