Aftermarket Wheels Centercap Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was rotating my tires and decided to see what my wheels looked like without the chrome center caps. Needless to say, if it weren't for the rusted centers, i'd have left them out. I'm not too keen on these wheels as it is, and losing the gigantic center caps made them look much better. Anyone know of a way to cut these down, or someone selling replacement ones that sit a little more flush with the wheel? I'm also playing around with the idea of blacking them out. Help?

Before
You must be registered for see images

After

Side Shot

The chrome was nice at first, but now its starting to break up the theme and i don't like that

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint your rusty hub bolts. I had some wheels on my last car without centers and it actually made the caps and bolts look like centers.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how hard would it be the paint those, and what would the prep look like? i'm sure i can just use rattle can, but is it really difficult?

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just use a wire brush to clean anything big off, brake cleaner and air to remove anything loose, tape up your brakes and studs, and give it a little rattle can. I love the all black your going with but if you'd like to use another color you could do that too. Or even paint your large center caps, but I too prefer the look without them.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another look I like is using the kj center caps off of the steel wheels. I almost forgot about that but have never used it myself, I would have if I had gotten the soft 8's.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another look I like is using the kj center caps off of the steel wheels. I almost forgot about that but have never used it myself, I would have if I had gotten the soft 8's.

i agree with breaking up the all black with another color. i just hate chrome, to be completely honest. can you explain more about the kj center caps? are you referring to these?

You must be registered for see images attach

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, those. And I believe they are a perfect fit, but like I said I have never done it myself. Search the forum I'm sure you can find something on here, try searching "soft 8's" or something. I'm driving right now or I'd help ya.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

found this on another forum after a search. looks goooooood, thanks for the heads up. I'm probably going to try to pick up a set of these

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted the hubs. Gonna see how I like them without. Might just get new wheels altogether. Meh

for reference

Last edited:

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the 8's. They look good on there. And I couldn't tell ya the first thing about plasti, but I know there are black lug nuts out there

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you used for painting the hubs but rustoleum high performance enamel comes in a rattle can you can get it in gloss black and althought a little prep work would help it says you can just spray directly over rust. I myself like the factory cap over the 8's pretty sure I seen like 10 of those factory caps for free in the for sale section on this forum the other day.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im weighing my options with the center caps. for now, i just have the painted hubs. i do like the way it looks, a little. i still think a wrangler rim would look nice, or maybe something a little more bold. not sure what i'd go with, but there are tons i do like. here's a most recent shot of the jeep without the centers. I'm thinking about plastidipping the centers, and seeing if i like them all black. the big blank spot in the center bothers me. that way if I don't like it, i can just peel it off

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks way better with none than it does with the crappy chrome junk ones even new they look bad

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is a friend of mine's KJ he has painted the factory centercaps black since this picture was taken and it looks good, you may want to consider that as well.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is a friend of mine's KJ he has painted the factory centercaps black since this picture was taken and it looks good, you may want to consider that as well.

i have been into that idea for a bit now. where can i find those?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Duh..
Yes but you asked where to get them right?? They come on stock steel wheels
do you want a name or address :whip::icon_twisted: