Aftermarket sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with an aftermarket sunroof in your Liberty? Would like to add one, but am a little aprehensive.

Nomad

Reaction score
Depends on the Installation. My brother had one installed on his truck. And it was nothing but problems after about 7 months of flawless use. Then it started to leak and make strange wind noises, get stuck often. it was just a headache.

I am sure there are ways to have one installed that dont cause problems but this one was a mess in the long run.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
arent the roofs different on the non-sunroof KJs from the factory with those ridges running closer to the windshield??

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say you're right to be apprehensive. If you need a sunroof, I'd recommend selling your kj and getting another w/ built-in sunroof. Aftermarket sunroofs on the KJ have been problematic- I remember reading a long thread about it soemwhere else, sorry dont remember specifics, but I dont think it ended well.

-Blu

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, aftermarket sunroofs are nothing but trouble waiting to happen.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The message is loud and clear. What a great forum and a great group! Thanks for the sage advise. I'll just get some vent visors instead and save the money for -- skid plates.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a webasto moonroof, that was installed by webasto, ordered by the Jeep dealership. It's quite large, I'm happy.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trodo said:
I have a webasto moonroof, that was installed by webasto, ordered by the Jeep dealership. It's quite large, I'm happy.

How long have u had it? Post some pix if u get a chance.

Thanks!!

-Blu

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it for 8 months, it was installed, per purchase agreement, 1 day after I bought my 04 Liberty. I wanted a set of specific set of options, they didn't want me ordering it from the factory so this was the result. I wasn't to sure, then they showed me the same moonroof installed on the 300 C Hemi, and a bunch of thier showroom floor vehicles, I talked to the rep over at Webasto, it took about a day. I'll try to post a pic of it, int and ext. (Fighting that damn cold right now)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't looked into aftermarket sunroofs for quite some time, but historically aftermarket sunroofs have had leaking problems. Perhaps, by now most of the issues are getting worked out. I am sure if it was done right it's possible to be leak proof, but getting it done right is something you need to research into who does nice work.

Bennett

Latest posts

Members online