Aftermarket Sunroof/Moonroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveb

Reaction score
Anyone had one of these installed?

Good? Bad? Cost?

Thanks,
Steve

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It basically comes down to this. Buy cheap, you'll get cheap. And I'm talking under the OEM cost which is $700.
The people who complain about leaks and cruddy quality, bought cheap.

Spend the money, it only hurts once to buy the best. Do your research, go to the dealership and ask what they put on as a aftermarket install, or when a customer requests a install, and who. Like on the 300c Hemi.
They won't put junk on something runs upwards of 50k.
And if you go through the dealership (like I did) the install is also covered under the warranty.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to jack the thread, but I wonder what it would look like to cut the entire top off of a KJ, to make it like a Wrangler? Not that I would... But... may need to Photoshop that...

squirrellydw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Webesto??

I had an Webesto (sp) put in my Escape and I paid about $1100 and I was great. I like it better than the one I have in the Liberty for two reasons. One it came with a lifetime guarentee against leaks and 2. It closed after I turned of the engine.

Anyone know how to make the factory sunroof close automatically after the engine goes off?

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My webasto moonroof in the Liberty has a full warranty that matches the vehicle and closes itself when I turn off the engine, and a multiple setting swtich.