Aftermarket fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanT

Reaction score
I've got an 05 limited lifted, this is my fourth jeep and second of these things, I keep knocking my flares off does anyone know of some good alternatives to the stock flares?

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we talking front,rear or both.
Are you using wheel spacers,oversize tires,are you lifted,do you have the proper bumpstops?

Gyro

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got an 05 limited lifted, this is my fourth jeep and second of these things, I keep knocking my flares off does anyone know of some good alternatives to the stock flares?
There isn't any alternatives , you have stock ones like on Sport, etc and then Renegade
Like mentioned above, if you are knocking them off you are either running too large of a tire, too wide of a wheel, bad offset on the wheels and or not enough bumpstop
Never lost any on any of mine with 2.5 inches of lift on one, over 4 inches on another and an inch on the 3rd one

RyanT

Reaction score
ok, thanks, I'm guessing it's the bumpstops, I bought it with the lift already on minus 1.5 inch leveling kit. It sits right now at 21.5 inthe front and 22 in back with 265 65 17 km3's. It's only happened once so far on this one but an 06 years ago that was stock and they kept coming off on that one too lol

How would I go about checking to make sure I have the propper bumpstops?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a proper lift ( OME springs and either bilstein or OME shocks ) then you need an inch of bumpstop per one inch of lift in the rear, but if spacer lift then changes everything
front use teraflex bumpstops can use them with any type of lift
If you are using any type of cheap spacer lift then its different
sounds like you maybe since you mention " leveling kit" which are a joke
but at 21.5 inches you have 2.5 inches of lift
what wheels are you running? width, backspacing?

only wheel size that works well is 7 inch with 4 inches of backspacing
or
8 inch with 5 inches of backspacing
many think wide wheels with only 3 inches or so of backspacing looks cool but have issues similar to what you are having
pictures would help at this time

Last edited: