After Rack, Rock Rails, Bumpers, THIS is Tempting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Off a new Kubota tractor.

Bob

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issue I learnt in the army about deep water fording: major components (engine, trans, transfer, diffs) get hot and then you dunk them in cold water.....they suck water inside thru the seals so you have to change all of the fluids ASAP after.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issue I learnt in the army about deep water fording: major components (engine, trans, transfer, diffs) get hot and then you dunk them in cold water.....they suck water inside thru the seals so you have to change all of the fluids ASAP after.

Yes sir. Gear boxes do all have a vent tube. Not a big issue to extend them to a higher location. Plays hell with civvie alternators also.(as my Son found out with his 80s model Cherokee. WHY they mounted the alt at the lowest point of the drive belt circle I'll never understand.) I'm guessing military still uses totally sealed starters and alternators, they did when I owned 1951ish M38 Jeeps.

While I've driven hundreds of miles hub+ deep, I kinda lost my nerve after a wooden bridge with the top washed down the creek.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Be like the Honda Civic that went by my old place all the time
Had a stack on it, coming up behind the bumper
redneck at its finest

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be like the Honda Civic that went by my old place all the time
Had a stack on it, coming up behind the bumper
redneck at its finest

Redneck would be cutting off his exhaust and running a large piece of flex pipe and running it like the Japanese exhaust haha

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That slant eye mo fo must be on a shoe-string budget. At the very least he shoulda used chrome lake pipes!:thumbsdown:

Bob

Or, the less racially offensive version:

That mo fo must be on a shoe-string budget. At the very least he shoulda used chrome lake pipes!:thumbsdown:

:-s

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm offended you find that offensive.

also a stack on a libby will look stupid. bad enough when bro-necks cut up perfectly good truck beds to install double 8"+ diameter pipe through it.

Last edited:

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm offended you find that offended.

also a stack on a libby will look stupid. bad enough when bro-necks cut up perfectly good truck beds to install double 8"+ diameter pipe through it.

↑↑ That's just slightly better than the single 10" up the middle behind the cab. On with the mod in question, I don't like it, but like I always say, it's yours and all the power to you. Here's some inspiration of a JK that did it here in Winnipeg
Jeep JK Stack 3 Photo by aaron_moody | Photobucket

Bert

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't yall pick on ol Jim too badly! I'm sure he's been under a lot of strain since ISIS plans to kill Americans in California were leaked by the press. Him and the other eleven should be under protective custody!

Bob

Latest posts

Members online