After mkt. H.U. upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drfd74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Happy and safe New Year to all members"

Question, I am looking to upgrade my stock OEM H.U. with a better after market unit and after shopping around the list of face plate options got confusing.
Does any one know the part no. for the best fitting/looking plate for my 07 KJ sport?
drfd74:confused:

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had one in my dodge ram that also fits in the liberty...it wasn't bad looking. i lost one of the trim pieces and had to buy a new one from best buy, and i really don't like it compared to the other one. the one that didn't look too bad was made by metra. couldn't tell ya the part #, but you should be able to find it online.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the actual HU or the trim piece that goes around the HU?

You can get the trim piece from walmart.

If youre talking about the HU then youve just got to shop around and compare ones that you like. Crutchfield.com is a great place to shop and compare.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the actual HU or the trim piece that goes around the HU?

You can get the trim piece from walmart.

If youre talking about the HU then youve just got to shop around and compare ones that you like. Crutchfield.com is a great place to shop and compare.

Second the vote on Crutchfield. The trim piece that came with my HU fits nicely. I'm happy with it.
You must be registered for see images attach

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote to combine all head unit related topics under one category. We get the same/similar questions about H/U, etc a few times a year, and we keep rolling through the same thing. Either we should make a few sub-categories under electronics, or just make one topic as Aftermarket Stereo Discussion, Aftermarket Speaker Discussion or something like these and merge everything there.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in my "post pics of HU's" thread that's still on the main page of electronics. The Metra P/N's are in there.

I am running the el cheapo free one that came with my HU from crutchfield and I think it matches really well. Not a dead-on match for the texture, but as close are you're going to get, and it fits nicely - no big gaps or anything. Just make sure you install whatever you get the right way - there may be "top" or "bottom" stamped on it as they are not symmetrical. It'll work, but it won't fit quite as nicely from what I hear.