Adjust Lightbar lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danfr

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post! I just bought a 2003 Renegade (Silver). I love it so far! I already put the Silverstar bulbs in the headlights. It sounds like the 9145 ST (silverstar foglight bulbs) should be out soon. Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the lights in the lightbar? They seem to be pointing too high on mine?

Thanks,
Dan

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 also. Mine seem to point high too. I've not looked for an adjustment, but it may just be the way that they are supposed to be aimed. If there is and adjustment, I'll find out soon, because I will be taking the bar apart to mount some of my emergency lighting. I'll let you know if you don't find out before then.
Rescu2000

m0th

Reaction score
There's screw holes at the back of the bar that tweak the bulbs up/down.

danfr

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies! I saw the screw holes, but since they were to the side of each light, I thought they may only be for left/right adjustment. I'll go try to adjust right now.

Thanks,
Dan

danfr

Reaction score
Thanks again for the quick answers. I ended up taking the Plastic cover off since I could get a regular or phillips to work in the holes mentioned. Turns out the adjustment screws are Torx screws. I didn't have a small enough diameter Torx screwdriver to fit in the existing holes anyway. The lightbar cover comes off very easy with 4 external Torx screws. I adjusted them down by turning the screws clockwise. They are much better now instead of pointing into the sky. I also noted the bulb type is 9006. This makes a nice option for trying different bulbs... 9006 silverstar??? I have only tried silverstars... they are whiter than the OEM's, but not that much brigher. Has anyone else tried any brands they like better?