Adding to the lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be ideal to add a small spacer to my 2" BDS lift? The BDS lift comes with 1.5" coils in the rear and 2" coils in the front, along with rear shocks. At this time I have also done a 1/4" clevis lift in the front. I stuffed some 265/70/16 A/T's under the KJ but I now have a very good opportunity to pick up some 265/70/16 M/T's (friend)!! I know I'm going to grab when I turn and such, but if I spacer lift ontop of my current lift shouldn't I get the clearance?

I'm trying to deter from some fender trimming, and it would give me some more ground clearance by adding to the lift!! haha

Thanks for any info!

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sup Phil

I may not have the in depth master mechanic answer you are looking for; however, I know that any lift over 2.5" (regardless of how you are achieving it) puts a tremendous amount of undue pressure on your front CV axles because they just arent long enough to properly function at the angle they'll end up at.[-( There are aftermarket CV's available or at least soon to be available; but, they are a very expensive option for a minimal gain.

I could see maybe swapping your clevis 1/4 for a 1/2" but I think it would be bad to go higher. 2.5" should get you a comfortable amount of clearance.

But I can guarantee you will do some trimming with those tires, the only thing to be determined would be who does it...you or the tires.

Latest posts

Members online