Adding to a skyjacker 2.5 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WADE.JOHNSON

Reaction score
I just got an 04 jeep liberty i have a skyjacker 2.5 inch lift on it right now and i want to get another 2 inches of lift on it is there anything i can do without just putting a whole new lift on it?...its an 04 jeep liberty renegade with the big roof rack and 4 hella lights

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First where do you sit at now? Measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare
Unless it was a very early model Skyjacker lift it has the same spring rate as stock and they sag a lot
Next, if you are indeed at 2.5 inches of lift then you really can't add another 2 inches to it
What you need to do is do a complete lift at the height you want along with new UCAs from jeepinbyal
Anything over 4 inches you're going to have spring contact even with JBA UCAS

WADE.JOHNSON

Reaction score
I dont want to go over 4 inches i just want to get it near 4 inches even if i can add another inch to inch and half to front and rear i would be happy

WADE.JOHNSON

Reaction score
What im hearing is i will need whole new springs front and rear and upper control arms to get it to 3.5-4 inches from where im at now

WADE.JOHNSON

Reaction score
Is it possible to add a front and rear spacer lift to the skyjacker lift kit ?..i have seen a 1.5 inch spacer lift that seems like it could possibly be an option.. Or how about upper control arms and a spacer?........ I also notice the lifts skyjacker is selling now comes with black coils and mine are red i dont know if that means maybe its the older model?...probably no way to tell.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to add a front and rear spacer lift to the skyjacker lift kit ?..
You can if you want a bad ride and who knows where you'll end up sitting at
i have seen a 1.5 inch spacer lift that seems like it could possibly be an option.. Not really
Or how about upper control arms and a spacer?........ upper control arms do not give you height, only springs
I also notice the lifts skyjacker is selling now comes with black coils and mine are red i dont know if that means maybe its the older model?...probably no way to tell.

So measure to see where you are, you can always add a top plate for 1/2 inch more height ( 1/4 inch top plate)
you can also add a clevis lift of 3/8 of an inch to give you 3/4 more height.
In the rear you can add upper isolators to gain more height ( up to one inch)

WADE.JOHNSON

Reaction score
Perfect im looking for near and inch more lift front and rear if i can get 3/4 of an inch more thats great what parts would i need to gain that? A clevis & upper isolators for front and rear? Anyone have a good place to get those? A webiste i can order them from?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect im looking for near and inch more lift front and rear if i can get 3/4 of an inch more thats great what parts would i need to gain that? A clevis & upper isolators for front and rear? Anyone have a good place to get those? A webiste i can order them from?

1/4 inch top plate from JeepinByAl
clevis lift is simple just raise the front "shock" up 3/8 of an inch from where it sits stock
rear add 2 per side upper isolators ( total of 4 ) again simply order from JeepinByAl they have both on their website

WADE.JOHNSON

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the help guys that should make her look perfect, and sounds alot better than a coil spacer.... It really suck there isnt more options for bumpers and adding winches i think these liberty's are very capable off road vehicles...alot more than i expected... She reminds me alot of my old bronco ii

WADE.JOHNSON

Reaction score
Yep it sits at about 2 inches of lift now.. If i can get close to another inches front and rear on it ill be happy