Adding OEM subwoofer option to a 2012 KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mushupork

Reaction score
I have a Liberty KK that did not originally have the OEM subwoofer. (I don't want to do an aftermarket sub.)

I bought a new OEM subwoofer for a reasonable price and and also found the rear quarter body panel with the sub pocket from a scrapyard. I removed the body panel to install assuming from a previous USB port adapter install that the connector for the sub woofer to plug into would be on the uConnect module behind the rear quarter panel. I was wrong.

Does anyone with the factory subwoofer know if there is a separate amp involved and how it connects? Maybe a model number I can google with etc. ?

Thanks for any help. I have searched and it doesn't look like people have done what I do - or at least have not written about it.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can go back to the scrap yard and take a look at the donor Jeep? I bet you’d be able to find the sub wiring and trace it back to an amplifier, which I suspect is under the rear seat. You could also snag those components if someone hasn’t beaten you to it.

I don’t have the subwoofer option, otherwise I’d go check for you on mine.

mushupork

Reaction score
lfhoward : thanks but I didn't see the donor vehicle

John P. : thanks. The sub woofer itself has a little grey pigtail connector which is pretty short so the amp must be very close to the Bluetooth module when installed.

I took some pics of the uConnect module (68104905AC) area/pocket when I had the body panel down. The uConnect had an open connector area that I thought this sub woofer pigtail I mentioned above would plug into but I was wrong of course.

There were a couple connectors in the electrical wiring bundle itself behind that body panel but they were located above the wheel well far away from the uConnect area pocket where the sub will live. Also nothing that looked obviously like it would plug into an amp.

Attachments

• 20190927_135232.jpg
    20190927_135232.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190927_135306.jpg
    20190927_135306.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190927_173530.jpg
    20190927_173530.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 15

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t forgot about this. I didn’t make it home as planned so I’ll look next week when hopefully I’ll be home.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven’t looked yet. Went to look but I couldn’t find my panel tools to pull everything off. Will try again once I’ve found them. If anyone else gets too it fist that doesn’t hurt my feelings.

Latest posts

Members online