AC stopped functioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBDive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mag coil stopped engaging so I assumed it was bad and ordered a new compressor and all. Mechanic has the new one but he is not getting power or the right power to the mag coil to have it engage. This started with the system not turning on until after the Liberty was driven a few miles, then turned off (totally off and stopped) then turned back on then the AC clutch would engage. This got worse and worse and finally stopped completely over about two weeks.

Relay is fine, swapped with another. Can't see any reason why the head unit inside would be acting up as all the functions work as expected except for turning on the AC.

The shop has an "electrical guy" that will look at it in the AM but does anyone have any ideas?

02 Limited

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is low on refrigerant it may not turn to protect the system.
Are the high & low side pressures within specifications?
You must be registered for see images attach

JBDive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is low on refrigerant it may not turn to protect the system.
Are the high & low side pressures within specifications?
You must be registered for see images attach

The AC Compressor has been replaced as it was my assumption the Mag Coil was bad and the compressor that was in the vehicle did not have a replacement mag coil part. The system has been charged. The clutch is still not engaging. I am not sure I heard the tech correctly but he said something along the lines of "there is not enough voltage in the line to engage the system".

Latest posts

Members online