AC Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Libertangler

Reaction score
When we turn on the AC in my wifes 2012 Liberty, It seems to take a really long time before the AC actually starts blowing out the vents, Is this Normal,, it just seems to take too long,, And my Old Cherokee(98) seemed to blow colder.. Any thoughts. Thanks.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long is too long? Mine (KJ) takes about 6-8 seconds to come out of the vents. I think it's designed that way.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^agreed. Mine has a pause but it works to the benefit of getting it cold. Not cold enough? Possibly low on refrigerant?

Libertangler

Reaction score
Its Probably about that long, Maybe 10 seconds,,Its just the fact that it pauses,, you hear the fan, but nothing comes out,, It just seems longer when you get in and the temp. sensor says 104 degrees... and I drove it myself today, it gets plenty cold.

Jeeptarian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some steps I take when it's over 90F and vehicle's been sitting in the sun, if not in a hurry and if enough room around vehicle: open all windows, doors, rear hatch and sunroof, start vehicle and put AC setting at lowest temp/highest fan, close hatch and doors, drive away and close windows and sunroof. It seems like interior cools off faster that way, but maybe I'm just distracting myself?

I haven't tried using the remote start feature for a pre-cooling, but maybe that could help, too?

Latest posts

Members online