AC doesn't work - Climate Control Unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommie J Lowe

Reaction score
System is charged but compressor won't turn on. AC light turns on but nothing. Dodge stealership said it was the AC computer... WTF? Would that just be the climate control unit?

Any help is appreciated as it's hot.

Thanks!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
System is charged but compressor won't turn on. AC light turns on but nothing. Dodge stealership said it was the AC computer... WTF? Would that just be the climate control unit?

Any help is appreciated as it's hot.

Thanks!
Swap over the AC relay under the hood with an identical one nearby.

Check the wiring for that year/model to see if the clutch is getting voltage to it and measure the resistance of the clutch coil to see if it does not have an open circuit or short.

You can briefly jumper pins 30 to 87 together inside the AC relay socket to see if the AC works but do not run it for long as you could destroy the compressor if it is forced to run on low refrigerant..maybe it is not in fact full.

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

Tommie J Lowe

Reaction score
I'll try that later. The freon is okay as I checked it with a set of gauges. I'll post the result.