ABS Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello there, ABS keeps coming up most of the time after wheel spin but sometimes it just pops up after long trips 300+ miles at high speeds 85+ mph
scan tool brings up 5 codes looks like there might be an electrical problem but I have no idea where to start :shrug: any pointer appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm..... things I would do include:

1. check wheel hub assembly
2. check abs wiring

if im not mistaken, I think you'll need those expensive sensors to get actual ABS codes.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
If you spin the tires within fifteen seconds of startup it crashes the ABS system because it's still in boot/self-check mode.

I think I read that long ago. Maybe intermittent power or a bad ground bumping it into boot/self check mode?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would clear all codes and drive it until the ABS/MIL comes back.. then check it promptly and see what codes returned.

Chances are you accumulated tons of codes over time. By clearing them and driving until the MIL comes back on, you can see what the first, and likely most relevant code is, address it, and retest.

By the 5 code descriptions up above, I'd say either a low battery voltage condition caused the ABS module to freak out, or the ABS module itself may be faulty.