ABS brake bleeding issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RG Mike

Reaction score
Checking to see if anyone else has had issue with bleeding the brakes on a 2007 Jeep liberty. I’m trying to bleed the system including the ABS pump. I did change the master cylinder. At the present time the pedal is spongy. I purchase a Autel Maxicheck scanner to run the bleed cycle but found that the scanner will only run the cycle on the right hand side of the car, I also had it to a local shop and his Snap-on scanner ($5000.00) would only do the right hand side? I was told the ABS module must be bad by the scanner company, I change it out and still will only do the right hand side?

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I manually bled the brakes on my Jeep this past weekend. All I did was flush the system of the old fluid. I am not having trouble with the brakes- pedal is not soft at all- but have not really tested out the ABS since I flushed the lines. The traction control system works fine- recent snowfall let me easily check it- so the ABS should be working alright.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not 100% sure but AFAIK you need the STARscan tool for chrysler ABS systems after 2005.