A/T vs Highway Tires

Discussion in 'Tires / Wheels' started by donutman, Aug 1, 2018.

1. donutman

donutman New Member

I'm just getting into this, so I need some advice - I installed Bridgestone Dueller Alenza Plus (light truck/SUV)on my 12 Arctic - incredibly quiet, better wet and dry performance than the Wrangler SRA they replaced - but now I am wondering whether I should have gone with a Dueller AT Revo - my drive patterns: 98 percent city streets/highway. Off-roading maybe once every few months, but nothing higher than a 4-rated trail (no skids yet). Assuming I air down from 33 to 20 psi and stay away from the mud, thoughts on how the current highway tires will perform?

2. Myke

Myke Full Access Member

I wouldn't air down a P-rated tire. An AT tire will have better puncture resistance on the tread and the sidewalls. An AT tire will also be heavier by a little bit. If you're not needing skids where you go then you should be ok on a p-rated tire.

3. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

I air down my P rated ATs down to 14 without issue.

4. Myke

Myke Full Access Member

I stand corrected.

A couple weeks back we had a stock wrangler sport follow us through the trails and had no issues with their tires.

5. Lifted

Lifted New Member

Im running Firestone Destination Le2 and they have proved to be great on and off-road. Will be getting a AT soon tho since i took take it off road a lot.