A question for Tony CRD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Seeing I know absolutely nothing about CRD KJ's...
A Diesel KJ is inter cooled? Correct?
If so, is the inter cooler, cooled by water?
And is the Turbo cooled by water as well?
Of course I could just look it up in a Diesel FSM, but it's more educational asking a CRD owner!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
His KJ I think has the 2.5l...not the 2.8. They maybe different.....:confused:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you up the boost or upgrade the turbo system on the kj diesels.

About that intercooler sprayer. the huge problem with it is that it uses co2 which displaces oxygen. I can show you dyno proof that his will actually hurt a cars performance unless your using it for drag racing where you are cooling your intercooler right before you race. Now if you used nitrous like many do to cool it it will work great. But im not to sure that the libertys intercooler gets that bad of heat soak or if any. You could always look into upgrading your intercooler and piping if you really wanted to help the cooling. But i would never use co2

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
can you up the boost or upgrade the turbo system on the kj diesels.

About that intercooler sprayer. the huge problem with it is that it uses co2 which displaces oxygen. I can show you dyno proof that his will actually hurt a cars performance unless your using it for drag racing where you are cooling your intercooler right before you race. Now if you used nitrous like many do to cool it it will work great. But im not to sure that the libertys intercooler gets that bad of heat soak or if any. You could always look into upgrading your intercooler and piping if you really wanted to help the cooling. But i would never use co2

That's a good point twack!
That link to that intercooler sprayer was one I had handy on my desktop!
N2O would be the best!

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
c
About that intercooler sprayer. the huge problem with it is that it uses co2 which displaces oxygen.

By its description, it sprays liquid CO2 on the exterior of the charge air cooler, the engine does not ingest the CO2, so it would give you a cooler denser air charge if you could fit it in.

Auberon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intercooler cooling on a budget

Hey guys,
this is just a thought in process as it gets dammed hot here:
which I eventually will be doing as about mod # 125.
A Delta Throttle Timer or duty cycle meter (yet to decide) to control a water spray over the intercooler or as Jeep call it the CAC (charge air cooler).

It can be phased such that it will pre-sense boost & then begin the early spray of water to cool the surface of your intercooler.

Any system in line of this spray will be more effective....air con, normal radiator etc whilst under load or throttle dump.

The idea I have for the system is readily suited for the 0-5V system output (obviously I need to verify the Jeep TPS (ETC) output profile)...that's no biggy......and the addition of an appropriate either a water pump or solenoid & injector...especially if you have an on-board compressor + tank....to keep your water system @ delivery P on demand.

Jaycar have a kit for the Delta Throttle Timer & most Jeep electronic systems run 0-5V dc negative earth.

Clearly a bit of investigation needs to be done.
Cheers
Auberon